Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
shaffi
shaffi began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle 4
Post problem with amazon kindle 4

i am unable to transfer books from computer to kindle using calibre,
i am unable to connect to the computer to charge battery also,

when i connect amazon kindle 4 to the computer,

connection constantly hanging between "connected" & "not connected" states every in 2 seconds like pendulum.

calibre states the following error message:

"Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'G:\\driveinfo.calibre'"

my Question is ,

how this connection problem be resolved?
do i need to format the kindle 4?
is kindle is infected with virus?
how to format the device main memory?

any answers will be appreciated,
thanks a lot!
shaffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
and if that doesn't work, go to the next suggestion, ie, do a factory reset...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
My guess? Dodgy connector on the bottom. Dodgy Cable.

I have a 5 that is a bit "touchy" (no pun intended) about charging. I have to exert a slight amount of pressure on the bottom connector (from beneath, upwards) to get it to accept a wall charger.

Stupid thing.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
shaffi

problem with amazon kindle 4Failed to access files in the main memory of your device.

problem with amazon kindle 4
i am unable to transfer books from computer to kindle using calibre,
i am unable to connect to the computer to charge battery also,

when i connect amazon kindle 4 to the computer,

connection constantly hanging between "connected" & "not connected" states every in 2 seconds like pendulum.

calibre states the following error message:

"Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'G:\\driveinfo.calibre'"

my Question is ,

how this connection problem be resolved?
do i need to format the kindle 4?
is kindle is infected with virus?
how to format the device main memory?

any answers will be appreciated,
thanks a lot!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Do not create duplicate posts. You have already asked this same question in post #1 of this thread, and you have been given suggestions as to how to fix it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
shaffi

unable to connect kindle4 to computer

sorry for duplicate post, but none of the given suggestions are working,
i am facing the same problem!!!

Last edited by shaffi; 04-15-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simply repeating the same message achieves nothing. Tell us specifically what you have tried doing.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #9
shaffi

unable to connect kindle4 to computer

i have tried the following ...
1.restarted the kindle by pressing the power button for 30 seconds..and then attached to computer.
2.scanned the drive with antivirus to find out any virus attack
3.updated calibre to latest version.
4.tried with different usb port
5.checked for any driver problems,

thank you for your Quick response
Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #10
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You miss "Tried with different USB cable". That's actually the most likely problem.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You miss "Tried with different USB cable". That's actually the most likely problem.
Yes, I agree. A faulty USB cable is by far the most likely cause of this problem.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #12
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I agree. A faulty USB cable is by far the most likely cause of this problem.
Particularly if, like me, you keep on running over the USB cable with a chair wheel. I'm surprised my USB cable lasted as long as it did...

Aside: I hope my Karma never changes again:

Last edited by NullNix; 04-15-2013 at 05:53 AM.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I also find I can't run my USB cable through a hub; it has to be directly attached to the USB port on the computer. this is true for my iThings, too.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I also find I can't run my USB cable through a hub; it has to be directly attached to the USB port on the computer. this is true for my iThings, too.
Hence the suggestion to try different USB ports. On a typical desktop PC, some ports go directly to the USB controller, while other go via an internal hub.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yup. 2 on mine go via the front - hubbed. 4 on the back don't. Good advice.

Turns out my "Dodgy connection" was in fact the charger. I've swapped it out and now it works. See? Dodgy cable.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote