Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend reading on an average day?
Less than an hour 11 5.82%
1 hour 38 20.11%
2 hours 63 33.33%
3 hours 41 21.69%
4 hours 15 7.94%
5 or more hours 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #46
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I said 2 hours (which is a crying shame). I used to read in my lunch break but I just don't seem to get any break anymore. I eat as I work.

On Saturday and Sunday though I try to create a pool of ME each morning with a stove-top espresso coffee and some lovely sugar-free dark chocolate. I sit or recline in my library with my cat asleep on my lap and read for a couple of hours or more. I look forward to this all week.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #47
wereLOCKE
wereLOCKE began at the beginning.

Device: none
On an average day I read for ~1 hour - I schedule reading around work (~35 hours a week) and study (full time) primarily, ~2 hours of exercise a day, martial arts several nights a week, housekeeping / animal care and my other interests (video games, visiting friends, etc). So I generally get about an hour in per day - an hour and a half if I remember to bring something to read for work. I'd get another 2 hours per day if I listened to audiobooks, but I use my drive to and from work (and martial arts - that could get it up to 5 or 6 hours per day!) to listen to new albums.
wereLOCKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #48
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I said 4, though it is more on weekends and can be less on work days. Being an outdoorsy dog person, it also depends on the weather. I hate that I love rainy weekends. Don't tell my dog!!
The only thing better than a rainy weekend, is a rainy weekend in a house with a tin roof. I miss those days.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #49
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I usually only read when I go to bed at night, so probably only about an hour on average.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #50
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Because I actually keep track (sad I know) I can tell you that this year I've read on average 46mins a day, but 1h53m a day for days I actually read at all.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #51
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I answered 5 hours a day - I read for an hour in the morning while I eat breakfast, an hour at lunch, and 2-3 hours in the evening. I don't watch any TV, only track news on Twitter to avoid most of the negative life-sucking garbage, and often read while spinning on a bike trainer.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
I marked 4 on the poll, but probably read much more than that. After I get off the computer its reading time shuffled inbetween housework and other stuff until about 6pm. Then I read while hubby watches tv. And later if book is exciting (and he doesn't complain) until the book is finished!

Good that we both are retired and only have to make it to the gym in the morning.
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Depends.
Workdays: 2-4 hours
Weekends: 6-12 hours
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #54
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I chose 3 in the poll, but that's my estimated average over the year. I do tend to take breaks from reading to do other things (video games, working on music projects, etc) but when I'm in reading mode I read about 30 hours per week, so even allowing for 12 weeks of non-reading, that's still averaging 3+ hours / day over the year.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #55
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
The average working day it is probably between 2 and 3 hours; 30-45 minutes during breakfast and leaving to work, and in the evening after coming home between groceries, kids and cooking maybe 15-30 minutes. Once the children are in bed and the dishes done it is the real fun reading time often for 2 hours or more.

In the weekend there is of course more time, and I would guess it can get up to 6 hours if it is a rainy day.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wasn't sure how to count my reading time because I also write every day. If I count reading stuff online, like the news or arguing with people online (ha), it probably adds up to 4-6 hours per day. I also read a lot of fiction, usually on the, er, uh, nevermind.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #57
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I read a minimum of two hours more than my daily schedule usually allows.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #58
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
I selected 3 hours on average, but that can vary widely. Some days I may read as little as an hour, other days I may read 5 or more.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Usually 1-2 hours.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #60
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Sometimes Ill read all day, all week even!
But I get very excited about things until Im repulsed.
So on average I float between
Ignorance -me- Idiot Savant
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote