Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #556
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Probably stupid question but I can not figure out the solution - I have a scanned jpg. Zooming works well and focuses on top left corner. I'm also able to slide down - but how on earth am I soppose to go to the right side of the zoomed page? Horizontal swipe right or left produses a pop up "you're on the last page.." every time. Btw do I have to "de-zoom" to move from page to page? Page counting does not work well strangely showing for example 0/1 or even 13/1 while in reality there are only two testing files (two pages). It looks as if zooming levels are counted as pages (?)
Paperwhite 5.3.6

Last edited by MaxStirner; 09-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #557
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Version 2.2 - extracted from installer.
menu.json:
Quote:
{
"items": [
{
"name": "Komic v2.2",
"priority": 2,
{"name": "Run Komic", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/start.sh"}
]
}
]
}
Looks okay to me.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #558
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Version 2.2 - extracted from installer.
menu.json:

Looks okay to me.
and the line endings?

silver18 had some problems with that in his development setup in the past.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #559
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
just fine.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #560
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxStirner View Post
Probably stupid question but I can not figure out the solution - I have a scanned jpg. Zooming works well and focuses on top left corner. I'm also able to slide down - but how on earth am I soppose to go to the right side of the zoomed page? Horizontal swipe right or left produses a pop up "you're on the last page.." every time. Btw do I have to "de-zoom" to move from page to page? Page counting does not work well strangely showing for example 0/1 or even 13/1 while in reality there are only two testing files (two pages). It looks as if zooming levels are counted as pages (?)
Paperwhite 5.3.6
If you use either the zoom buttons or the "change image size" option, you can double tap on the screen to show 4 arrows.
Use those arrows to move inside the image.
As regards the page counting, could you please pack those image and send me the pack to check myself the problem?
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
and the line endings?

silver18 had some problems with that in his development setup in the past.
I still have this problem, I always forget to check if the line endings are fine.
BTW, that menu *should* be OK!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #561
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, "power swiping" and calibration now works in every direction (well, not along the third dimension).
It's pretty easy now to navigate inside a page.
I could remove the arrows...
Old 09-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #562
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Ok, "power swiping" and calibration now works in every direction (well, not along the third dimension).
It's pretty easy now to navigate inside a page.
I could remove the arrows...
I tried the jQuery Ui draggable plugin...i still find my solution better (faster).

BTW, here's a call to arms: I can't get the damn pinch-to-zoom back!
I'm stuck with the stock amazon pinch-to-zoom feature and I can't write a custom function to mock it.
It seems I need to use a content window and enable the pinch-to-zoom on it but I really can't get it to work!

Another thing is the unload event.
Amazon API is a wrapper around
Code:
kindle.appmgr.onunload
but this doesn't fire at all when using the home button on the Kindle touch.

I don't care about the PW as it doesn't have any physical button so users will use the EXIT button. But on the Touch, I can't provide an autosave feature without the onunload event!
I just need to write inside the localStorage before leaving...

On a side note, I rewrote the exit function to actually close komic (instead of start the com.lab126.home) and clean (aka kill) any komic-related process.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #563
silver18
THE NOOB

Ok, so...
It seems the onpause event gets triggered and my callback function called BUT....
In this function I need to update a localStorage entry but this isn't executed.
I think the localStorage access takes too much time so it is executed but never completed...
I can save everything only using an alert to block javascript...
Any clue?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #564
vankhoa
vankhoa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
I just wonder whether you guys could remove the black status bar at the top of the screen while reading? -I mean It would be fantastic if the program has a real full-screen reading feature
vankhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #565
silver18
THE NOOB

It's already done and will be present in Komic 2.3 (stable version).
Just wait enough time...
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #566
Cyberratchet
Cyberratchet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
First of all, thanks for this wonderful Comic Reader silver18.
I’ve a problem since I’ve updated KUAL to version 2.2. I’m using Komic 2.3 beta and the OS version is 5.3.4. After I did the KUAL update, the Komic entry in the menu is missing.
Everything else like JBPatch, Koreader or kterm works exactly as before. Even a reinstallation didn’t help. Does someone experienced the same issue and found a solution?
Cyberratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #567
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Cyberratchet: Does the KUAL menu complains about a parsing error somewhere?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #568
Cyberratchet

Unfortunately not. Is there a log file for KUAL?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #569
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Cyberratchet: Yes, and a way to access it should pop up in the KUAL menu in case something warrants it (hence my previous question).

You mentioned kterm, so you could use that to read it:

Code:
cat /var/tmp/KUAL.log
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #570
Cyberratchet

There’s only an issue with the backdoorlock/menu.json file.
Spoiler:

Code:
KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:09:52 EEST 2013
/mnt/us/extensions/backdoorlock/menu.json: expected <value> but got <]> at input token 87
, "priority" : 5 , "action" : "bin/move.sh" } , <<]>> } ] } 

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:10:25 EEST 2013
/mnt/us/extensions/backdoorlock/menu.json: expected <value> but got <]> at input token 87

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:10:28 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:21:44 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:26:07 EEST 2013
Terminated

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:28:43 EEST 2013
Terminated

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:30:16 EEST 2013
Terminated

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:37:30 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:40:24 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:40:27 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:40:45 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:40:48 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 15:47:26 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 16:05:49 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 16:07:02 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 16:07:05 EEST 2013

KUAL: ***** started on Sun Oct  6 16:07:24 EEST 2013

The following snippets are from the Komic folder in the extensions-folder. I’ll look into the access rights for all extensions, maybe there’s an error?
Spoiler:

config.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension>
	<information>
		<name>Komic</name>
		<version>2.3</version>
		<author>Silver18</author>
		<id>Komic</id>
	</information>
	<menus>
		<menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
	</menus>
</extension>
menu.json
Code:
{
		{"name": "Komic v2.3", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/start.sh"}
	]
}

Last edited by twobob; 10-08-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: clarity for future readers

Tags
launcher add-ons