Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Hanvon h516, Kobo Aura HD
Keep getting 'On Device = Card A (2 Books)'

When I re-send books to my PRS-650 there are 14 books that, after re-sending, have the 'On Device' status of 'Card A (2 Books)'.

I then delete them from the device (using Calibre) and resend them and everything is fine.

Then, a week or so later, I resend all my books (new metadata or new versions or something and resending all is the easiest option) and those 14 books have the 'On Device' status of 'Card A (2 Books)' again.

Any ideas what's wrong?.
dvd8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
Then, a week or so later, I resend all my books (new metadata or new versions or something and resending all is the easiest option) and those 14 books have the 'On Device' status of 'Card A (2 Books)' again.
I'm going to guess that those 14 are in a directory that is different because the metadata changed. Sending the new books placed duplicates on your Card A but in a different location.

Mind you this is just a guess.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Hanvon h516, Kobo Aura HD
But doesn't the fact that I delete them from the device and two copies come back imply that Calibre is sending two copies? Or am I misunderstanding?

By the way, I remember messing with the metadata on at least some of these items, possibly all. But at the same time they are not the only ones that I have changed .....
dvd8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
But doesn't the fact that I delete them from the device and two copies come back imply that Calibre is sending two copies? Or am I misunderstanding?
You delete them using calibre, I think there may be another copy on the card.

The only thing I'm not guessing on is the fact that calibre is sending to the card exactly what you tell it to send to the card. If you have 2 copies in your library then maybe you are sending two copies.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

By the way, I remember messing with the metadata on at least some of these items, possibly all. But at the same time they are not the only ones that I have changed .....
Use the Quality Check Plugin to remove stray(orphan,no matching book in the same folder) OPF files from your device. (That is what Calibre is probably finding)

Using the standard Calibre 'delete', leaves non-book files alone.(There is a setting for Save to Disk , that will stop sending these. IMHO Having them, speeds up the show what is 'On Device' process.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert