Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
magnoliafaye
magnoliafaye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Replace a chapter?

What would be the easiest way to replace a chapter that is poorly formatted? I have a 26 chapter book that is okay except for one chapter which was poorly formatted. I have "cleaned it up" in word, and have checked it on the Kindle Previewer, and now it is fine. My question is now, is there a way to substitute this newly corrected chapter in Sigil? Or, will I have to start over and lose all my formatting of the other 25 chapters that I did in Sigil? Thanks to anyone who can help me.
magnoliafaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Were the other chapters done in Sigil too?

If so just delete the offending chapter and add file for the new chapter. Make sure it is in the right place in the book browser. Drag and drop it into the right position. If it uses a stylesheet be sure that you highlight your new file and right click for link stylesheet. Make sure the file name fits with whatever other names you have used.

If you are making this for the newer Kindle, I think you should generate table of contents so that it provides the right information. But somebody who is a Kindle person could advise you better on that.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the words are OK and it's just the formatting, then just go into the XML code/CSS code and fix it. Check with a well formatted chapter (no paragraph spaces, indents, margins small or none) and see how it's code is and try to duplicate it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote