Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g,black)
Comic Books for Kindle

Hey Ya'll! I was working on a little project just wanted you guys to be aware of. Incase any of you enjoy reading old comic books, this may interest you =)

Here is a website that lists and has image scans of many popular comic books
Moderator Notice
URL deleted pending investigation of possible copyright violations

The cool thing is they also have the links to the Amazon comic book for sale. The only problem here is most if not all ( i haven't checked the all ) are not availible for Kindle.

Well If you want to read these comics right off the website, then it is just perfect. However i want to read them on my kindle. I have started a long process of downloading each scanned page individually, opening in Photoshop to alter the resolution and auto tone via an automated batch file and then compiling them into a book using Adobe Acrobat.

So I am going to be uploading some of these comics. If there is one you would like in particular please feel free to ask me to make it for you.

Happy reading,
-3bayjunkie-

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 01-02-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: URL deleted pending determination of copyright violation.
3bayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #2
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Reading comics on the Kindle is something I'd love to do, but the size just seems like an issue. I dont even mind the black n white.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g,black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Reading comics on the Kindle is something I'd love to do, but the size just seems like an issue. I dont even mind the black n white.
This is one thing that the DX would be better at doing. I uploaded the Kindle 600x800 version here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114246

DX version comming soon. Please check it out.
3bayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
i read allot of manga on my dxg and it's great. i use an application called 'mangle' which helps convert all the images and bundles them into a folder you can simply drop into your kindle.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bayjunkie View Post

Well If you want to read these comics right off the website, then it is just perfect. However i want to read them on my kindle. I have started a long process of downloading each scanned page individually, opening in Photoshop to alter the resolution and auto tone via an automated batch file and then compiling them into a book using Adobe Acrobat.
I'd skip the last step and just have a folder with them numbered correctly. Then (like max99 points out) just drop this folder in the pictures folder on the kindle. Easier since it's a step less and you get to use more of the screen. Since if you use PDF you have a margin, but in picture mode you can go all the way to the edge.

I have tried with some Manga and feel that this is the best way to view them.
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote