Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
New Firm Tirwal 2.9 TripleBoot - xPDF - FBReader

Hi:

I make a new MOD of the firm, that has a TripleBoot:

1st: Boot as optimized LBook, like Tirwal 2.1.
2nd: Boot as optimized Hanlin, with iconized bookshelf, and the ability to use xPDF.
3th: Boot as Hanlin v1 with FBReader to read CHM, FB2, RTF, TXT and HTML files.

To choose boot mode, put the "config" directory included in any root directory. Press the option, and switch off and on the reader.

I mod both BookShelfs, LBook and Hanlin, to list ODT files. (OpenOffice text). I include a directory named OpenDocument, with a script in it, to rename ODT files to ODT.EPUB, and open with ADE. Put your ODT files inside this directory, and the directory in the root of the SD.

Specs

Translated by google

http://translate.google.es/translate...NS&sl=es&tl=en

Download address

http://www.4shared.com/file/22558697...010.html<br />

Thanks

Last edited by Tirwal; 02-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
It is a nice idea, and well implemented.

Of course, it would be better to have a single firmware with the option to choose between several programs to open the file, but it is not available yet.

I couldn't open the only CHM I have on my SD card with the fbreader - I don't know if it is the reader or the file, so I have to try more files.

Don't take this as a criticism, though.

You've done a good job, overall!
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
I couldn't open the only CHM I have on my SD card with the fbreader - I don't know if it is the reader or the file, so I have to try more files.
One problem with FBReader for CHM is that it reads the entire ebook into memory on startup and CHMs tend to be large. On some Linux devices adding swap helps, but there is always a maximum ebook size that is supportable by FBReader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi:

I update to 2.8 version. Bugs repaired. Now, xPDF menus works well. In FBReader mode, CoolReader opens EPUB. There is a new version of CoolReader 3.0.24.11 with a new hyphenation algorithm.

Donwload link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/21646325...8ES060210.html

Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

Some bugs corrected on CoolReader.
New version 2.81

Download link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/21703327...1ES070210.html

Thanks
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
kazacy
kazacy began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

I just buy a hanlin V3 and i tried your latest firmware 2.81 and i am very pleased. It is just the best for me until now period.
Homewer i have 2 questions:

1. I tried to use in the english rtf files this dictionary:
http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dict...w.dict.org.php
merrian version(other bigger versions simply restart the device; i guess very little hardware resources), but every time i search a word i get a message error like this:
Article for word "insert word searched here" not found
If i search in the index file or even in dict file i can find the respective word so my question is: i choose a wrong dictionary or it's just a bug of reader?

2. I am from Romania and i have some books in *.rtf format but they are encoded in ISO 8859-2. The problem is i tried with every firmware i can get, but none can display ISO 8859-2 or East European encoded characters. A quick and dirty fix i found it's to convert the *.rtf files in *.pdf/doc files with embeded fonts. It is a posibility to read *.rtf files without reconvert?
kazacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

1st: I think maybe your dictionary is wrong. There be 2 files, the dict, and the index. I have only english-spanish dictionaries.

2nd: Try to convert to fb2. FB2 is the best format to read books. Exist an extension of OpenOffice to do that. If you need another font, try to put your ttf fonts under sd:/fonts directory, and choose it in configuration of CoolReader.

Bye
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
Rangepath
Rangepath began at the beginning.

Device: HP Ipaq 214, BeBook;Prs-600
Hi Tirwal
As always I think you firmware is great and I like to follow its development on your web/forum page . But page must have moved. Have you a new address for it that you can share with us?
Rangepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

The page is OK. Today has suffered a makeup.

I've changed the link in the first post.

Bye

Last edited by Tirwal; 02-08-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
I am gonna have my Astak V3 in few days, could somebody please tell me which one (if any) of these boots contains Tigran's libdjvu?
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
I am gonna have my Astak V3 in few days, could somebody please tell me which one (if any) of these boots contains Tigran's libdjvu?
If I'm not mistaken, all Tirwal firmwares contain the Tigran code.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #12
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
@ Tirwal

for your work !

My good old "lBook" feels like a brand new reader now
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #13
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi to all:

Thanks beachwanderer

To dioib:

Tigran djvu plugin is in all versions, and in all flavours. It's needed to exec bash scripts under FBReader mode.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #14
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Alfons and Tirwal. There is a small chance that I might receive my reader today and I have a card ready to up it to Tirwal's firmware on spot
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
dioib
∂₪≈☼

I got my device and upped it to Tirwal's firmware (2.81, Thank you Tirwal!), but there are few things that I cant get around (probably bc I'm new to these things):

1- *
2- Is it normal not to be able to change the font size/type in reading MOBI files?
3- *
EDIT: Figured the first and last ones.

Last edited by dioib; 02-14-2010 at 12:36 PM.