Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you buy an updated (second generation) Aura HD?
yes 47 47.00%
no, but I would welcome a restyled design of the Aura HD which is (more) in line with the Aura 6" reader 3 3.00%
no, I own a Kobo Aura HD 28 28.00%
no, I own a Kobo Mini, Touch or Glo 6 6.00%
no, I own a different brand of ereader 2 2.00%
no, but I consider to buy the new Kindle Paperwhite 2 2.00%
no, but I consider to buy the new Kindle Paperwhite instead of the Aura 6" 3 3.00%
no, I want a Aura 6" with the new Carta screen technology 9 9.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #31
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I'll just be using what I have until it dies or one my kid's ereaders dies and then they inherit mine and I get a new one.
For me my ereaeder does pretty much all I want in an ereader and I'm very happy with it (Kobo Glo).

Still, my daughter's ereader has recently started showing permanent artifacts on one point of the screen on her Kobo Touch, so she might be getting my Glo soonish anyway.
At which point I'll be getting whatever the latest Kobo ereader is. I expect I'll get something around November, which is when her Birthday is.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #32
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I was going to vote "no, I own a Kobo Aura HD" but to tell you the truth, I don't know if I would buy a second gen model or not--it would depend on the features. I would probably buy it if they changed to a capacitive screen--the IR screen is the only thing I really don't like about it. However, if they changed to a capacitive screen and made it flush like they did the 6" Aura, I wouldn't buy it--I like having the raised bezel, as it helps me know where exactly to touch to turn the page.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I had voted "no, I want a Aura 6" with the new Carta screen technology," but now that I have both an Aura and an Aura HD, I will update to YES, I would love to buy an updated Aura HD. I absolutely love it the best of all my ereaders.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #34
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Since the poll was resurrected, I decided to actually vote. I'm in the "no, I own an Aura HD" camp.

However, I would like for this product to exist. Eventually, I will have more spending money, and if anything happens to my Aura HD I would appreciate an up-to-date version existing.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, aura 6", aura hd, carta, poll