Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Should dosbox be added to the Kindle ports TODO list
Yes, it would make a great addition to the kindles 8 57.14%
No, it does not make sense or personally I don´t see the value 5 35.71%
Other. (Please add a post to the thread explaining your Other option) 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #31
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Amazing. Really amazing. Congrats. Now if I only had enough spare time, I'd dig out Monkey Island 1&2. Is it running at acceptable speed?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Seems fine. As I say there is still the issue of dithering to consider.

That aside everything currently seems perfect. I'll give it something tough if I can think of a such a thing...

EDIT: maybe something in http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/ would be tough

Last edited by twobob; 03-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One thing that really surprised me (stupid I guess but hey) was the total lack of a dithered option for windows invoked under the Native Awesome.

Unless I am missing something that seems like a major oversight.
Or perhaps it just speaks of intent. Anyways. I was hoping to get my head around retrofitting some dithering code into Dithyr and being done with this issue long term on the touch / PW devices...

However after months of waiting, trying and consistently asking for help still no-one has come forward, nor have I even once managed a solution. Sigh.

So... either a generic dithered target for Xephyr. Or. A wrapper application in gtk that does a much similar thing. Both of these ideas would be HUGELY helpful on the newer devices.

As for backporting... I am going to attempt to have a fiddle about on the 4 perhaps and see where that gets me for now.

Like I indicated before not really behind - personally - doing this on the 3. however I hope I have shown it could be done.

If SOMEONE was kind enough to help me out with the dithering suppose I might be a bit more motivated.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #34
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If SOMEONE was kind enough to help me out with the dithering suppose I might be a bit more motivated.
If only I knew what "dithering" is....
All I can do is support you and thank you for your hard work!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #35
twobob

Picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RG...t_dithered.png

explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...me_.281-bit.29

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175632
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=176802
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=60

all use the GM version of the dithering solution. Never actually managed to get that to do anything HELPFUL to me sadly..

Also there are some embedded solutions from Hawhill, and more recently the DX extension code... I just need someone to sit down with me and go through it I guess.

As with all things it is simple when you get your head around it.

Thanks for at least replying.

Last edited by twobob; 03-14-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Advert
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
twobob

Sigh... I am already defeated by libGL.so.1.

The 2012.03 Toolchain doesn't want to build it.
The 2007q3 doesn't want to build it.

Joy.

Feel free to jump in anyone and provision a more helpful Toolchain suggestion - hey or even a set of libs that would run on the older devices. That would be nice.

Don't worry. I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: I found this... which may hold some answers... maybe. http://dev.gentoo.gr.jp/~yoshino/por...catalogue.html

Last edited by twobob; 03-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #37
twobob

I put together a glib2 gtk+ & webkitgtk that may run on the 3. I'll test it when I get a chance. Assuming it does I will look to include pygtk in the list at some point.

Probably have to rebuild the lot to target fb as I just went with the defaults to test the build process which was x support. I consider this not a terrbile step forward though given the trouble I had a few months ago getting this done. This will hopefully allow the general purpose wrapper and a few other bits to be made.

My initial tests with midori failed to bring the support for Voxel-creature I was hoping for but hey, I raised a ticket about it on the main project and with a bit of luck the dev may not write me off as entirely insane for trying.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #38
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
However after months of waiting, trying and consistently asking for help still no-one has come forward, nor have I even once managed a solution. Sigh.
I would love to help as soon as I can get my head above water at work. Hopefully within about 6 weeks of so.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #39
twobob

Heroic dude.

Tags
dosbox, poll, port