Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
TOC in wrong place?

I've just published an ebook on Kobo and purchased my own book to see what it looked like.

One error and I wonder how I might fix it? The automatic Table of Contents inserted itself in between chapters 1 and 2. It should be before Ch. 1. Yes?

Is there a way to rectify this?
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:45 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
I've just published an ebook on Kobo and purchased my own book to see what it looked like.

One error and I wonder how I might fix it? The automatic Table of Contents inserted itself in between chapters 1 and 2. It should be before Ch. 1. Yes?

Hmmmm... if you were using Sigil or Calibre's editor, you could drag and drop the TOC file into the right position.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post

What "automatic Table of Contents"? As DNBS said, the editor you used to create the book should allow you to position the ToC where want it. But, I suppose it depends on what is generating the ToC. Does Kobo's processing of a book add a ToC? Does what it do depend on the format you supplied it in? Or, maybe there is an option not to generate a ToC.

If this is something being done by the Kobo publishing process, you are not likely to get much help here. I don't remember any discussion of the publishing process. About the only things I know come from https://github.com/kobolabs/epub-spec. I don't think there is any mention of a ToC page being generated in that. I think the place to ask questions like this would be https://www.kobo.com/writinglife. Or possibly the "Writer's Corner" forum here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote