Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Selling PE; Do I Need to Reset?

For security's sake, should I reset the Pocket Edge if I'm selling it? Are there risks keeping the Allmine update (I believe it had to be registered with Google GMail, if I'm not mistaken.) In any event, I have not used this device and have found a person who wants it. I will not sell it until nothing on the device can be associated with me. Is Reset a simple matter of sticking a pin in the Reset circle? Thank you.
Tulpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Yes reset. Settings.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't understand your response. (Too brief.) I have never reset this PE or for that matter anything but a broadband modem.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Choose Settings if it is on the Home Screen, otherwise press the big X about 3/4 of the way down the screen and scroll down and select Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Data Reset
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Tulpana
Enthusiast

Thank you. It worked. I assume that the buyer will have to re-install the upgrades. My last question is: is it possible to re-upgrade (after a user has reset the device)?

Thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpana View Post
Thank you. It worked. I assume that the buyer will have to re-install the upgrades. My last question is: is it possible to re-upgrade (after a user has reset the device)?

Thanks in advance.
Whatever system updates you applied should still be there. The factory reset deletes all user data and accounts. If you want to be 100% sure open gMail and see if it automatically logs in.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #7
Tulpana
Enthusiast

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
surfinjoey
surfinjoey began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi!
have you sold it?
surfinjoey is offline   Reply With Quote