Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
ulrichbi
ulrichbi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unwanted blank Lines in MOBI-Conversion

Hi all,

I convert ePub (from Pages) to Mobi (and add a TOC).

In the result there are LOTS of blank lines - so the whole book looks awful in the Kindle-Previewer.

I think it is "lines" because when I look at it in the Calibre-Viewer and mark it, then the inverted field jumps a few lines downwards...) and I already did a few tries with the conversion-options to make it one line or paragraph distances...

What's wrong there?

Cheers,

Ulrich

Last edited by ulrichbi; 01-19-2012 at 03:56 AM.
ulrichbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried using the "Remove blank lines between paragraphs" option in the Mobi output options?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
ulrichbi
ulrichbi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yes, I tried the option to put just one line after every paragraph and I tried the paragraph distances.

The file is filled with blank lines... And it looks so in the Calibre-Reader and the Amazon Kindle Previewer...

Cheers,

Ulrich
ulrichbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to look at the HTML source and see what the problem is. There may be "break" <br> tags between the paragraphs.

If you use the "Search and Replace" options, it'll let you see the source and find out what's causing the spacing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank, epub, kindle, lines