Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Qbert
Enthusiast
Qbert began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool DVD, VHS & Betamax heaven

As they say if you live long enough you get to see everything, and maybe collect everything. Remember the line from comedian George Carlin about a house just being a container with a lid for your stuff? Anyway, which unique or particularly loved items do you have? Charlie Sheen was winning in The Wraith, lol.

The Wraith

The Gumball Rally

Seven Nights In Japan

Hidemi Aoki
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I recently found a stack of floppys containing such things a Hocus Pocus, Bio Menace and Maths Rescue Lol, I'm thinking of making one of these out of them

I also just recently ditched this VHS classic http://serialkillercalendar.com/VHSW...-OVERDRIVE.jpg

Last edited by melmac; 08-19-2011 at 12:15 AM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Qbert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I recently found a stack of floppys containing such things a Hocus Pocus, Bio Menace and Maths Rescue Lol, I'm thinking of making one of these out of them

I also just recently ditched this VHS classic http://serialkillercalendar.com/VHSW...-OVERDRIVE.jpg
I heard of someone that made a coffee table out of an '80s metric TRX wheel.

In the 1983 movie Nightmares there's one story where Emilio Estevez plays an obsessed gamer that gets trapped in his fave videogame. Don't think it has ever been released on DVD.

Nightmares
Old 09-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post

Melmac, just wanted to say I love your avatar. ALF was an awesome show. Talk about nostalgia
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The old Atari games - M.U.L.E. and Eastern Front 1941.

Britcom - You Must be The Husband
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I still have and play with one like this

Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
Melmac, just wanted to say I love your avatar. ALF was an awesome show. Talk about nostalgia
Thanks unfortunatly I had to change it due to a request from the artist the current one is not quite as good. When I was in primary school I got the nickname of melmac due to my love for the show and my laugh being like Alfs. When I needed a nick for Usenet/ICQ in the mid 90s it popped into my head and I've been using it ever since, there is still a lot of love out there for the show as I get comments on it all the time.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
I still have and play with one like this

My brother had one of those. He still does and says it's the best thing ever.

I wonder about him, sometimes.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Qbert
Enthusiast

A genuine Betamax recorder. They were simpler times, they were better times, lol.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #10
Qbert
Enthusiast

It doesn't get any more cult than Knight Rider and David Hasselhoff!

The Hoff & K.I.T.T.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
melmac
Wizard

Im currently listening to Ready Player One talk about nostalgia heaven all those 80s references are constantly making me smile.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I still have my much loved Atari 800, my second ever computer (my first was an Atari 400). Still has the 810 5.25 inch floppy drive and the a stack of floppy disks too.

Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I still have my Brother word processor. It used 3.5 inch double density disks that it formatted for 320kb, and printed with a printwheel.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Qbert
Enthusiast

Talking

The '90s were a strange time, lol.

Wayne's World

Garth's Mirthmobile
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I still use 3.5" floppies -- plenty of room for text files and spreadsheets. And they're a pain in the butt for someone looking for unauthorized access.

I still use audio cassettes -- the quickest way to record audio "on the fly." I use them for audio note-taking, not "hi-fi" applications.

I have a couple of minidisc recorders -- I'd still be using them if Sony hadn't designed them to be intentionally frustrating.

We used our video recorder (VHS, not Betamax) just last week -- my daughter was nostalgic for some old videos.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote