Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Waterproof bag ?

Hello,

did anybody walk over to his local outdoor store to check what waterproof bag does fit his new bookeen best yet?

Would this one fit: Aquapac PDA Classic Plus+ (Code 360)
Any recommendations ?

Thank you
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppxnouse View Post
to check what waterproof bag does fit his new bookeen best yet?

Any recommendations ?
Check this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13056
It fits Sony reader. Even with the original cover attached and folded back.
So check dimensions of the Sony Reader PRS500 and compare them to your device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
pemilahu
CyBookeen Bubus
pemilahu began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Hi,

Just bought the PDA Classic Plus+ (Code 360) for my CyBook today.
Perfectly fits!

Much-much better than the Small Whanganui (Code 650).

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0model.gif
Views:	725
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	10755   Click image for larger version

Name:	1pack.gif
Views:	813
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	10756   Click image for larger version

Name:	2bag.gif
Views:	748
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	10757   Click image for larger version

Name:	3putting.gif
Views:	786
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	10758   Click image for larger version

Name:	4in.gif
Views:	883
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	10759   Click image for larger version

Name:	5reading.gif
Views:	847
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	10760   Click image for larger version

Name:	6close.gif
Views:	801
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	10761  

Last edited by pemilahu; 02-23-2008 at 12:18 PM.
pemilahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
We are using the Aquapacs.
http://www.justread.de/shop/product_...te-Tasche.html
Those are waterproof.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Those are waterproof.
That Aquapac looks like it fits the Cybook perfectly. Is it the Small Whanganui (Code 650)? http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
That Aquapac looks like it fits the Cybook perfectly. Is it the Small Whanganui (Code 650)? http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html
Yes, it is.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Those are waterproof.
Would the Aquapac fit the Sony Reader PRS-505?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would the Aquapac fit the Sony Reader PRS-505?
Without the cover it does.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Looks nice. Now is there some sort of case/cover for that since the protective cover is no longer in place?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Looks nice. Now is there some sort of case/cover for that since the protective cover is no longer in place?
No. I use it at home in the bath mostly and afterwards i take it out and put it back in its cover. (The CyBook though, which i like better than the sony)
Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
There was an excellent tip from Roy White in another thread, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=14912:

"Put reader in bag not sealed, immerse bag in sink forcing air out making sure the opening was out of water, then sealing bag, WALLA! all the air out."

It 'shrink wraps' the bag to the reader and makes it easier to read through the plastic.

Cheers Roy
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #12
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
No. I use it at home in the bath mostly and afterwards i take it out and put it back in its cover. (The CyBook though, which i like better than the sony)
Just to confirm... with one of these properly on my Cybook, if I read in the bath and I happen to drop it, then no harm will come to it? Or is it only for splash protection?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:09 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
Just to confirm... with one of these properly on my Cybook, if I read in the bath and I happen to drop it, then no harm will come to it? Or is it only for splash protection?

As long as the grey levers are in the sealed position, the Cybook is protected if dropped into water.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 AM   #14
tribble
iLiad Maniac

The Aquapacs are waterproof up to 5 meters depth. Although i would not want to read in that depth And when you use it in the tub, you have to take into account, that hot water is not goot for the aquapacs. You should not leave it floating in the water for a longer period of time.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Yeah, it turns out they have a UK site (oh why didn't I just follow the link in the first post) where they go into detail about what the product does and doesn't do.

I won't be using it in a steaming hot bath, underwater!

I'll just be holding it in my hand, safe in the knowledge that if I drop it or it gets splashed then it's fine.

I ordered one last night - the size that Tribble's shop (if I've read correctly) sells.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote