Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
FAQ sheet being updated to show Search Function!

Dear All:

I realize that many MobileRead Forum regulars will figure out how to use the search function without my help. However, for the sake of newer members I have added full instructions on the Search Function to be added to our FAQ Sheet. Please allow a few days for the FAQ sheet to be updated and approved!

Here is what will be posted on the FAQ:

How do I use the Search Function?

While reading your eBook, press the “OK” button. Then press the #7 button showing “search”. This will bring up a “soft keyboard” in the bottom third of the screen. Using the numbered keys (1-0) push the number of the letter that you want. Press once for the first letter. In rapid succession, press the button two times for second letter, 3 times for the third letter, and four times for the last letter. If you make a mistake you can easily erase the last letter you picked by using the arrow button. If you have no further input within roughly 5 seconds, it will automatically go to the next letter in the name you are searching. Type in what you want searched and then hit the “OK” button to implement the search! WHEN you are done searching you must hit the arrow button to end the search or you will not be able to search again. With a few minutes of practice, you will find that this function works great and you will find it is an easy system. Let us say you want to search for “Font Increase/Decrease” in the User Manual… you can type in FO and then hit the “OK” button. It will find it. Partials will often work!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
May I assume that this is for the Pocket Pro, or is it for both the PP and the basic?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

I realize that many MobileRead Forum regulars will figure out how to use the search function without my help. However, for the sake of newer members I have added full instructions on the Search Function to be added to our FAQ Sheet. Please allow a few days for the FAQ sheet to be updated and approved!

Here is what will be posted on the FAQ:

How do I use the Search Function?

While reading your eBook, press the “OK” button. Then press the #7 button showing “search”. This will bring up a “soft keyboard” in the bottom third of the screen. Using the numbered keys (1-0) push the number of the letter that you want. Press once for the first letter. In rapid succession, press the button two times for second letter, 3 times for the third letter, and four times for the last letter. If you make a mistake you can easily erase the last letter you picked by using the arrow button. If you have no further input within roughly 5 seconds, it will automatically go to the next letter in the name you are searching. Type in what you want searched and then hit the “OK” button to implement the search! WHEN you are done searching you must hit the arrow button to end the search or you will not be able to search again. With a few minutes of practice, you will find that this function works great and you will find it is an easy system. Let us say you want to search for “Font Increase/Decrease” in the User Manual… you can type in FO and then hit the “OK” button. It will find it. Partials will often work!
Bob,
I downloaded the 2009-09-10 V5 update but it seems to be a copy of the 2009-09-07 update, i.e. does not have the search function.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Bob,
I downloaded the 2009-09-10 V5 update but it seems to be a copy of the 2009-09-07 update, i.e. does not have the search function.
My copy does. Both EZ reader basic and EZ reader pocket pro have a search function. It is on the search menu inside of the eBook reading application and is not available in all formats. I hope they update it for T9 at some point but the one that is there works.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
My copy does. Both EZ reader basic and EZ reader pocket pro have a search function. It is on the search menu inside of the eBook reading application and is not available in all formats. I hope they update it for T9 at some point but the one that is there works.

Dale
Do you know which formats it is available for. I was trying Mobipocket format & didn't see it. Also the date on the file was 9-7-09 even though the file name included the date 20090910.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Do you know which formats it is available for. I was trying Mobipocket format & didn't see it. Also the date on the file was 9-7-09 even though the file name included the date 20090910.
Actually every format except mobipocket I believe. the alternate PDF reader does not support this I believe and Wolf is usually images so searches will fail. By the way, the same is true of TTS as of the latest version except TTS also works on the alternate PDF reader. Of course non-ebook files do not work either. I think mobi could be made to work but they need to revamp the menu as all ten slots are used.

Yes, I have reported to Astak that the date on the file name should be the date of the file itself. Having different dates makes things more complicated and confusing.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Oops I didn't test everything for searching. I was remembering TTL. PDB does not currently support search, wolf does not, html does not, lit does not, FB2 does not, rtf does not, nor txt.

So the list of searching is shorter, pdf, epub but I expect at some point the others will get it also, there really is no reason for them not to.

Dale