Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
troutyluc
Enthusiast
troutyluc began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
RSS Feeds

I am looking at possibly buying an Iliad. I would like to know if it is possible to download my personal rss feeds such as delicious content directly to the Iliad using the wireless connection?

I know the Iliad uses the Mobipocket software so it is not a problem with the usb cable.

is it possible with the wireless connection?
troutyluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
troutyluc
Enthusiast

amazing, no one has an answer for this questioN? Can you download rss feeds diretly to the iliad using the wirelesss connection, sounds like an easy question to me?
Advert
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Try a search on iNewsStand. Doesn't work too well yet but I think FeedBooks is still working on it.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
troutyluc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Try a search on iNewsStand. Doesn't work too well yet but I think FeedBooks is still working on it.
You dont seem to understand. Mobipocket allows us to read any rss feed of our choice, instead of transfering the contect using the usb cable can you directly plugin into the rss feed using the iliad browser?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
As you say, the Windows MobiPocket Reader can get RSS feeds and make them into MOBI ebooks which can then be read on an iLiad. However, the MobiPocket software on the iLiad can only read ebooks, it does not have the management features of the Windows version (in particular, it can't get RSS feeds or MOBI ebooks over WiFi).

As tselling said, Feedbooks.com iLiad Downloader (iNewsStand) is the only way I know of to get RSS feeds directly to the iLiad.

The iLiad makes very little use of the WiFi. For example, iRex does not provide a web browser. All the web browsers have been provided by the user community, and none are suitable for routine use (e.g. no bookmarks).

Last edited by wallcraft; 06-28-2008 at 08:02 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
troutyluc
Enthusiast

thanks very helpfull. I'll stick to the cybook for now until the kindle is available in canada.