Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
jerrywojo
Connoisseur
jerrywojo began at the beginning.

Send/Receive files WiFi then 3G?

Sent 3 files to my kindle email today via WiFi at a Starbucks. One made it to my Kindle right away the other two not.

When I left Starbucks and if I'd turned on my wireless 3g and then had received the other 2 files would I have been charged 0.15 cents a piece for the transfers?

At what point does the charge take place transferring files under 3g...upload or download?

tia
jerrywojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
What email address did you send it to? If you send it to your free.kindle.com address, Amazon will not try to sent it via 3G, thus you cannot get charged.

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert