Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
gtshadow
gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony prs-505
Adding Images To Ebook

How do you add images to an ebook? I would like to add some maps to a couple of books I have but I don't know exactly how. I assume I will have to edit some HTML files but it has been 10+ years since I have done anything like that and I don't really remember much. Plus I was working with web pages and not files on my computer. I have images and HTML file in same directory, so what would the coding be? Also, any info on sizing the pictures to fit Sony 505 properly would be appreciated.
gtshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtshadow View Post
How do you add images to an ebook? I would like to add some maps to a couple of books I have but I don't know exactly how. I assume I will have to edit some HTML files but it has been 10+ years since I have done anything like that and I don't really remember much. Plus I was working with web pages and not files on my computer. I have images and HTML file in same directory, so what would the coding be? Also, any info on sizing the pictures to fit Sony 505 properly would be appreciated.
For ePub, use Sigil (next forum down.
Open pook in Sigil.
Find your spot.
Open a small space.
Click the Picture Icon
Place your image.
Switch to Codeview if the simple controls are not enough., add to the stylesheet, for more control.
Might take 5 minutes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
gtshadow
gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.gtshadow can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony prs-505
Cool! Something easy... Just what I need! Thanks!
gtshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
I don't know about sizing for Sony 505.
For the B&N Nook, I found that 600 wide by 720 tall works well.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote