Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #31
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Nope book title is gone.
Peter, Gone from ePubs only, or also gone from kepubs?
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Peter, Gone from ePubs only, or also gone from kepubs?
I'm not Peter, but I can tell you it is gone from epubs only. I actually like them, so I am glad that I have a format that has titles.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just the ePubs. kEpubs have always shown the title on the top line.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Call me a pessimist, but I do not thnk we are likely to see many changes in epubs until there is movement on the kobo/adobe end from epub2 to epub3. I don't see kobo spending much in the way of developer time on epub2.
I really hope that isn't the case. The epub rendering bugs are the ones I really want to see fixed. I couldn't give a hoot about homescreens and storefronts.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While taming is not me she does speak the truth
Old 06-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Ooooh - would anyone be kind enough to take a picture of the update on their Glo so I can see what the homepage looks like? Dying to see
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #37
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm not Peter, but I can tell you it is gone from epubs only. I actually like them, so I am glad that I have a format that has titles.
Actually it makes more sense to have the firmware allow a user to turn it on or off regardless of whether it is a kepub or epub! The limitations that Kobo is so bound and intent on sticking us with are just stupid. It makes more logical sense to give the user, ultimately the ones that really matter, the ability to turn on or off these features/options. Especially when I think the number one complaint from the majority is the ability to control what we want. This way the ones that like that feature/option get to enjoy it and the ones that don't like a particular feature/option can turn it off and forget about it for the rest of their life if its so desired! Why a simple line or two of coding seems to be so difficult for the kobo programmers to implement is beyond me!

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Three attached; the home page and two showing sleep mode with one having full screen covers selected, and the other showing non full screen images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-07 14.24.37.jpg
Views:	1721
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	106742   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-07 14.24.59.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	106743   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-07 14.28.17.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	106744  
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #39
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is the space blank or used for text all the way up ?

Quote:
Nope book title is gone.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #40
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

When you select the menu option on a Glo, the horizontal bar that is displayed just about touches the ascenders on the l's, t's and h's of the top line of text displayed.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #41
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Three attached; the home page and two showing sleep mode with one having full screen covers selected, and the other showing non full screen images.
Thank you Peter

Tis really different . .. Is it quite intuitive? Can you make your own tiles?

Last edited by Willa; 06-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So when you turn off the menu, there is a blank space up there ?
I mean text does not go all the way up like it did up to firmware 2.5.1 ?

Quote:
When you select the menu option on a Glo, the horizontal bar that is displayed just about touches the ascenders on the l's, t's and h's of the top line of text displayed.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is the wasted space at the bottom of the screen still there when reading ePub? That's the space that's taken up for a menu that's not there when you read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #44
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
So when you turn off the menu, there is a blank space up there ?
I mean text does not go all the way up like it did up to firmware 2.5.1 ?
I think there is still space that didn't exist in 2.5.1

I'm pretty sure the book I'm looking at was formatted in a way that would have the text go right to the top and now it doesn't....but it doesn't use as much space as the menu bar does, so some of it has been returned to text.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #45
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Thank you Peter

Tis really different . .. Is it quite intuitive? Can you make your own tiles?
I'm with you, and I won't say "different," I'll say "ugly." I thought the full size cover display was bad before in sleep mode with the banner across the top... little did I know they could manage to make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
I think there is still space that didn't exist in 2.5.1

I'm pretty sure the book I'm looking at was formatted in a way that would have the text go right to the top and now it doesn't....but it doesn't use as much space as the menu bar does, so some of it has been returned to text.
Looks like I'll be skipping another firmware update.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote