Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #31
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Everything works fine now!!

Thanks to all of you!!!

PS I'm going to study the fuze-zip, thanks for the hint!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Everything works fine now!!

Thanks to all of you!!!

PS I'm going to study the fuze-zip, thanks for the hint!
You might try doing the same as what we did for unrar -
search the packages.debian.org site for whatever the name of this fuze-zip package is, find a pre-built binary.

(Most of the Kindle's system looks like it is from Debian, not hand built by lab126).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #33
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I always worked in base-us folder....create and delete files wasn't ever a problem!!
I get the permission denied error only if working in base-us, but not in us.
I can't understand why, as I can do whatever I want in base-us!
I am curious why you use the path with more characters to type. I always use the shorter path (which also has more privileges, in this case). On other embedded systems that I work with, the "base-" mounts are read-only compressed filesystems, and the shorter mount names are the writable overlay filesystems. The underlying kindle filesystem is writable, but the "base-" mounts still have restricted privileges.

So, out of curiousity, why did you choose the longer "base-" mount name when they gave you two options, and most examples (including the startup scripts) only use /mnt/us/ ?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #34
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You might try doing the same as what we did for unrar -
search the packages.debian.org site for whatever the name of this fuze-zip package is, find a pre-built binary.

(Most of the Kindle's system looks like it is from Debian, not hand built by lab126).
I'll take a look tomorrow! Thanks again Knc1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am curious why you use the path with more characters to type. I always use the shorter path (which also has more privileges, in this case). On other embedded systems that I work with, the "base-" mounts are read-only compressed filesystems, and the shorter mount names are the writable overlay filesystems. The underlying kindle filesystem is writable, but the "base-" mounts still have restricted privileges.

So, out of curiousity, why did you choose the longer "base-" mount name when they gave you two options, and most examples (including the startup scripts) only use /mnt/us/ ?
If you want to know, I'll explain: simply, I didn't know there was such a difference between /mnt/us and /mnt/base-us...
And this is the first time I face a problem using base-us so using base-us wasn't a problem for me!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
silver18
THE NOOB

Hello again!!

As I have little spare time, I'm playing around with fuse-zip...
I managed to find an armhf version here (hope it is correct!).

I extracted the fuse-zip file and placed it in /mnt/us.
I tried mounting hello.zip in /mnt/us/hello folder using:
Code:
/mnt/us/fuse-zip /mnt/us/hello.zip /mnt/us/hello
but I get:
Code:
/mnt/us/fuse-zip: not found
I did everything just like I did with unrar, but no luck!

Any help?
Thanks to all for all the patience!
Advert
Old 08-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #36
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hello again!!

As I have little spare time, I'm playing around with fuse-zip...
I managed to find an armhf version here (hope it is correct!).

I extracted the fuse-zip file and placed it in /mnt/us.
I tried mounting hello.zip in /mnt/us/hello folder using:
Code:
/mnt/us/fuse-zip /mnt/us/hello.zip /mnt/us/hello
but I get:
Code:
/mnt/us/fuse-zip: not found
I did everything just like I did with unrar, but no luck!

Any help?
Thanks to all for all the patience!
Try armel version. armhf doesn't work (well, it should, but, I guess, exact set of compiler flags used for package building is introducing [slight] incompatibility with KT CPU).

But, honestly, even armel fuse-zip from Ubuntu Precise archive (which you're linked at) will not work. Firstly, it will requre libzip. And with presence of libzip, it will require FUSE 2.8 (KT 5.1.0 has FUSE 2.7).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #37
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Try armel version. armhf doesn't work (well, it should, but, I guess, exact set of compiler flags used for package building is introducing [slight] incompatibility with KT CPU).

But, honestly, even armel fuse-zip from Ubuntu Precise archive (which you're linked at) will not work. Firstly, it will requre libzip. And with presence of libzip, it will require FUSE 2.8 (KT 5.1.0 has FUSE 2.7).
So no chance of having fuse-zip on kindle?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
So no chance of having fuse-zip on kindle?
I found libzip...and now it says:
Code:
/mnt/us/fuse-zip: /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: version `FUSE_2.8' not found (required by /mnt/us/fuse-zip)
Is this useful?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #39
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
I love this forum because every time I learn something new. Just discovered with this thread that packages from Debian of the proper architecture can be used on the KT.

Playing tetris from bsdgames in xterminal now. I know, there are probably a ton of other packages more useful than this, but this come to mind to do the test
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote