Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
News4Me: Readius goes on trial with Deutsche Telekom?

Dubbed News4Me, Deutsche Telekom is going to launch the trial of an e-news project in Germany this coming fall.

From Spiegel:

Quote:
Die Telekom sieht sich offenbar unter Zugzwang, nach dem das Modell Kindle von Amazon in den USA bereits mit gewissem Erfolg auf dem Markt ist und auch France Telecom eine elektronische Zeitung namens "Read & Go" testet. Telekom-Forschungsleiter Peter Möckel sieht trotz immer leistungsstärkerer Handys für gut ablesbare Displays eine Lücke zwischen Mobiltelefonen und Laptops. Man werde selbst aber keine Geräte bauen und auch keine eigenen Inhalte anbieten, sagte Möckel dem SPIEGEL.
Participants will receive a "dedicated device" for receiving personalized news, but the article doesn't mention the brand of the device. Care for some bold predictions? How about the Polymer Vision Readius? Here is why:
  • The trial begins in fall, just when the Readius is going to hit the market;
  • Germany is among the first three countries (beside England and Italy) to receive the Readius;
  • The News4Me device is supposed to have "Kindle-like" connectivity;
  • Take a look at the News4Me presentation attached to this post.

Of course, this is complete unsubstantiated speculation, but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Thanks to beachwanderer for the tip!

Related: Polymer Vision Readius to debut this fall, Mobileread Interview: Karl McGoldrick, CEO of Polymer Vision
Attached Files
File Type: pdf news4me.pdf (1.75 MB, 914 views)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I look forward to the Readius. I hope they will allow people outside of Europe to buy it. PPC Reader is VERY HIGH on my list.....

hidari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Dubbed News4Me, Deutsche Telekom is going to launch the trial of an e-news project in Germany this coming fall.

From Spiegel:

Participants will receive a "dedicated device" for receiving personalized news, but the article doesn't mention the brand of the device. Care for some bold predictions? How about the Polymer Vision Readius? Here is why:
  • The trial begins in fall, just when the Readius is going to hit the market;
  • Germany is among the first three countries (beside England and Italy) to receive the Readius;
  • The News4Me device is supposed to have "Kindle-like" connectivity;
  • Take a look at the News4Me presentation attached to this post.

Of course, this is complete unsubstantiated speculation, but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Thanks to beachwanderer for the tip!

Related: Polymer Vision Readius to debut this fall, Mobileread Interview: Karl McGoldrick, CEO of Polymer Vision
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i can't decide whether to be disappointed this beta-test will be in germany, and i will therefore not even be able to apply, or relieved, since that will save me the further disappointment of being refused for the test as i was by orange for read and go and SFR for their beta test as well.

if bouygues does a beta-test with readius in france i might even sign a contract with them just to try it out.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
ooooh, 150 people got to test the service with TABLET PCs !!!

Since most of us know that reading is best done on a dedicated eReader, or at least a PDA, this test will probably only show the Telekom, that people do not like to read on PCs, so they'll drop it.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It sure looks like a Readius they are showing in the pdf presentation.

Also interesting is the future timeline for reading devices.

2-7 years from now: always online color eink readers

5+ years: always online flexible color device

10 + years: text is read to you by a flexible full color sexy Ninja!

... perhaps I am projecting on that last one...
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
deutsche telekom, news4me, readius