Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
jedd
Enthusiast
jedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litter

Device: Pocketboot 360
Just checking a couple of things about the 912

I've done a quick search, but found no joy (instead only a couple of similar bewilderments and complaints, I think one of them from me).

I'm hoping I'm missing something, and/or someone has found a way around these annoyances and just forgot to share the answers. :)

First, the theme / appearance - is there no way to customise this at all? With my vanilla 360 I saw an abundance of themes, including making Recently Read take up the bulk of the page. But with the 912 it seems I'm stuck with the three bundled, none of which provide a longer 'Recently read' section in portrait layout. I don't need a russian dictionary, two clocks, calendar, or sudoko widget, and I don't need quick (or any) access to games, music, photos or notes. But I do usually flick between a dozen or so books, and while I could conceivably use the Favourites option to get slightly closer to this, it's a massive amount of management overhead for the human (ie. me). Yes, I know I can flip to landscape mode, but then I only see the first few characters of each title, but thoughtfully they've preserved several centimetres of white space margins and padding on the Music and Photos menu. {sigh}

Second, I was hoping the last firmware update, which I finally did today (thanks for replacing my carefully considered boot & power-off images with an advert for Obereey!) would solve this one -- some widget or configuration/key-shortcut to quickly change the user profile? It's such a handy feature (mostly so our respective Favourites aren't constantly fiddled with, including where we're up to in the same book) but it's currently massively unwieldy - Configuration | User Profiles | {username} | Activate | Back & Back or Home. And there's no way of identifying the current profile except by going through the same arduous process.
jedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags