Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #1711
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richreads View Post
Is there a way to have the plugin automatically add a default series and index value?
For instance when downloading a story from fanfiction always set the series as FF[0]
Might be, but it would be ugly.

Why do you want to?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #1712
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
site specific logpage_entries

Question: titlepage_entries in the site specific section of personal.ini replaces the one for [epub]. I presume that logpage_entries is supposed to as well, but it isn't working for me, at least not for AO3. Are other people experiencing this too? extra_logpage_entries works, but because I'm substituting several data categories for AO3, I end up with longer logs than I'm actually looking for.
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #1713
DocBrown13
DocBrown13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Please try the attached version. Run it in debug mode (calibre-debug -g from a command line prompt) and send me what you see in the command line window.

I have no idea why it might be erroring there, this version is just to try and confirm which line of code is the problem.

Nobody else needs to try this version--unless you're having the same problem.

UPDATE Aug 31, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions (latest version still has this)
Please find attached log file as requested.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre Debug Log.txt (6.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #1714
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jim,

I have "include_images:true" in the defaults section of my personal.ini. Despite that I only got a question mark in place of the first picture in this story: http://archiveofourown.org/works/949...apters/1854882
Is this a bug, or a problem on my end?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #1715
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

I also have the include images in epubs option checked.
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #1716
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
add series information

Quote:
Might be, but it would be ugly.

Why do you want to?
I have Calibre set to send books with their Series to my Kobo.
I set a Series and 0 index value for downloaded fanfiction - then when I send them to my Kobo they end up on a shelf.
it makes them easy to identify and locate on the Kobo.
It works well for me but sometimes I forget to set the series

Rich
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #1717
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
Re: add series information

Quote:
I set a Series and 0 index value for downloaded fanfiction - then when I send them to my Kobo they end up on a shelf.

Rich
I haven't actually tested it (I use do something similar to this, but not identical - it uses a different column), but it looks like you should be able to do this with the Reading List plugin, in combination with FFDL. You can set FFDL to update a Reading List list (there's a settings tab in FFDL preferences), and set that list (in Reading List) to automatically set a column value. In this case, the series and series number. I don't think that you can set it to set different values dependent on source site, but if you're just tracking whether it's a new download, that should be okay. Let us know whether it works out?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #1718
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Re: add series information

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
I haven't actually tested it (I use do something similar to this, but not identical - it uses a different column), but it looks like you should be able to do this with the Reading List plugin, in combination with FFDL. You can set FFDL to update a Reading List list (there's a settings tab in FFDL preferences), and set that list (in Reading List) to automatically set a column value. In this case, the series and series number. I don't think that you can set it to set different values dependent on source site, but if you're just tracking whether it's a new download, that should be okay. Let us know whether it works out?
Thank-you for the suggestion. It worked great!
I'm not worried about tracking what source site just that it is a fanfic so it works well.
And it allows me to have the series as a kobo shelf and a kobo shelf for fanfics. The best of both worlds.

again for all the help.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #1719
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Question: titlepage_entries in the site specific section of personal.ini replaces the one for [epub]. I presume that logpage_entries is supposed to as well, but it isn't working for me, at least not for AO3. Are other people experiencing this too? extra_logpage_entries works, but because I'm substituting several data categories for AO3, I end up with longer logs than I'm actually looking for.
Actually, [epub] wins over [<site>] when both are specified. Move it from [epub] to [defaults], or from [<site>] ot [<site>:epub].

The order is:
Code:
[defaults]
titlepage_entries: category,genre, status
[www.whofic.com]
titlepage_entries: category,genre, status,dateUpdated,rating
[epub]
titlepage_entries: category,genre, status,datePublished,dateUpdated,dateCreated
[www.whofic.com:epub]
titlepage_entries: category,genre, status,datePublished
[overrides]
titlepage_entries: category
Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #1720
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown13 View Post
Please find attached log file as requested.
I don't see any errors in the output.

I do, however, see several "* Notification delivered." lines that aren't coming from FFDL. Might something else be erroring instead of FFDL?

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-01-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Fix quote only.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #1721
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
It's a bit out of date now, but I've posted here an example of how I use FFDL's Reading List integration to both mark Unread and Read and sync my devices. It's out dated because I now use one tag-like column with single letters for the different devices instead of separate yes/no columns.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #1722
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
I have "include_images:true" in the defaults section of my personal.ini. Despite that I only got a question mark in place of the first picture in this story: http://archiveofourown.org/works/949...apters/1854882
Is this a bug, or a problem on my end?
Code:
        FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.fanficdownloader.story(595):Failed to load or convert image, skipping:
        http://gallery.digitalmidnight.org/misc/butterfly_kisses-lg.png
        Exception: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
Looks like the image hosting site doesn't like either of us.

My time is limited this week, so for the time being, that one just doesn't work, sorry.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #1723
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
As you are talking Kobo and shelves, you might want to have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184. There are some suggestions of other ways to handle this. The idea is to create a custom column that returns the shelf names you want by looking at values in other columns. If there is already a value in the metadata that can be used, this is fairly easy to do.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #1724
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
My time is limited this week, so for the time being, that one just doesn't work, sorry.
Thanks for checking
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #1725
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Thanks for checking
That image downloaded fine for me in plain old Firefox, so if it's just that one story that's gone wrong the best bet might be to simply crack open the epub in Sigil and manually insert the image. The fanfic is completed so you shouldn't have to worry about updates un-fixing it, I imagine.
Closed Thread