Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I don't know in the US, but in Europe I'd say 600. I may be totally wrong though.
I've got a look at the Sony France store, and they ignore completely the 300. The 505 is or was a FNAC exclusive. After all, pocket device it is just for its bulk- better to go easy with pockets with this easily breakable device.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #17
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Quote:
It is a great price, isn't it?

I can order it from Germany. How does it look from Spain or Italy? It also works from the Netherlands, I think.
An amazing price. Almost too good (did you notice that they are selling the 505 for *more* than that?). They say they will ship it to Spain for 240.59E. Available in 1-3 weeks (if i understand correctly, my French isn't so good).

I should just buy it (although I don't like silver either). It looks like some sort of mistake.

Oh, and there is no Amazon.es. They sell all their "Spanish" books out of the US.
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by llreader View Post
An amazing price. Almost too good (did you notice that they are selling the 505 for *more* than that?). They say they will ship it to Spain for 240.59E. Available in 1-3 weeks (if i understand correctly, my French isn't so good).

I should just buy it (although I don't like silver either). It looks like some sort of mistake.

Oh, and there is no Amazon.es. They sell all their "Spanish" books out of the US.
Well, try it. They do not charge your card as long as it isn't shipped, so there is no risk involved I'd say. I hope it works. And yes, your french was good (I am french but I live in D-land): it should ship in 1 to 3 weeks.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-12-2009 at 12:20 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I bought it. I hope it isn't something weird that is going to be a hassle to return. What is TVA that they charged me for, VAT? It was only 9.25E, that seems wrong.

Quote:
Conditions de livraison : Envoyer les articles en un minimum de colis
Total articles (HT) : EUR 225,29
Livraison (HT) : EUR 6,05
------
Total HT : EUR 231,34
TVA : EUR 9,25
------
Total : EUR 240,59
Bons de réduction : -EUR 0,00
------
Montant total pour cette commande : EUR 240,59

Date de livraison estimée : 29 octobre 2009 - 6 novembre 2009
Date d'envoi estimée pour ces articles : 26 octobre 2009 - 3 novembre 2009
1 "Sony Touch Ereader Prs600s Silver"
Sony; Reliure inconnue; EUR 234,30

Vendu par : Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
Anything wrong with that? Prs600s is fine, right? There I go being paranoid :-D
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, I bought it. I hope it isn't something weird that is going to be a hassle to return. What is TVA that they charged me for, VAT? It was only 9.25E, that seems wrong.

Anything wrong with that? Prs600s is fine, right? There I go being paranoid :-D
TVA is VAT. No you are not paranoid. The checkout summary seems fine to me. Sit back (it is going to be hard waiting till the end of october, I know...) and enjoy !

Last edited by aceflor; 10-12-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
llreader
Mesmerist

Hee!

I updated my "Device".

:-D

Last edited by llreader; 10-12-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Hee!

I updated my "Device".

:-D
Well, you sure ain't superstitious....
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #23
aceflor
Wizard

Edit: sent you a PM

Last edited by aceflor; 10-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
llreader
Mesmerist

Why am I not superstitious? Today isn't the 13th ;-).

Last edited by llreader; 10-12-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #25
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, thanks! That is very sweet of you. You are really moving here in June? Mijas? I live outside of Barcelona.

I hope you have a job already, because the economy here is a disaster.

Why am I not superstitious? Today isn't the 13th ;-).
DH is relocating with his company. I don't work, I just follow. Won't explain in details since it is complicated, but DH's clients need us in southern Spain and Portugal, where they have plants.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #26
llreader
Mesmerist

Ah, well, then it is all good. I hope you like hot. Actually, it will be very nice this winter, but next summer, make plans to vacation in Norway or something. :-)
Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #27
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Ah, well, then it is all good. I hope you like hot. Actually, it will be very nice this winter, but next summer, make plans to vacation in Norway or something. :-)
oh yes, I know, it is terribly hot, isn't it? I will spend the summer with the kids in France as always. It is very hot there too (we reach 40° every summer, we are in the south), not as hot though. But anything is better than the 20° peak in summer in Germany...... I am kidding, but not that much really.

Anyway, hope you'll like your reader when you'll get it. I love my 600 (really need to edit my profile I see)

Last edited by aceflor; 10-12-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #28
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Apparently it depends on the seller - still can not buy this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._luc_sbs_01_01 - which was the first I ran into. So it's not Amazon.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
llreader
Mesmerist

Yeah, that seems to be "Calculators Online". If you don't mind silver, the price on the one I bought seems pretty much unbeatable.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
llreader
Mesmerist

Quote:
Anyway, hope you'll like your reader when you'll get it. I love my 600 (really need to edit my profile I see)
Oh, I think I will. I am not wild about the color, but I guess it will go with my MacBook, so that is fine. I very much want to focus on reading - I am finding the laptop too distracting in my old age. And I like the idea of not having to have trees chopped, books shipped, and all that business.

The heat here in the summer is unreal (we are away from the coast). It is very dry, so that makes it tolerable, but there are days when I just won't go outside.

Tags
international, international user, price, shipping, warranty