Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This silly location (Japan) splits itself between 50Mhz in the northern half of the country, and 60Mhz in the south! Tokyo uses 50 cycles while Osaka uses 60.
I think you mean "Hz", not "MHz". At least I sincerely hope that you do!

Very few devices care about the mains frequency - the notable exception being electric clocks, which generally get their time base from the mains frequency.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Hahaha, in a hurry even I typed MHz instead of Hz. An oscillating frequency of million times per second, my goodness
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very few devices care about the mains frequency - the notable exception being electric clocks, which generally get their time base from the mains frequency.
Although generally true of most AC powered devices these days, you still have to be cautious. Any device that uses a linear power supply would need a transformer designed for 50Hz use. At 50Hz you need a larger transformer, which is more expensive. The smaller 60Hz transformer will overheat when used at 50Hz. Depending on the quality of the transformer and the device, it may just get warm, or it may catch fire. If in doubt, you should use one of those matching transformers to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think you mean "Hz", not "MHz". At least I sincerely hope that you do!
He must use the Tesla Electric Company at his house
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook, overseas, shipping, sony