Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
TeddieS
TeddieS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from Texas

Well a friend told me about this site. I am an avid reader and after years upon years of books I bought a Sony PRS-505 last year and have never looked back.
I just love my reader and my husband does too, since he doesn't have to haul the books to the car for me when I donate them to the library. It has cut down on a MAJOR clutter issue for me.
I love all kinds of books but tend to lean towards romance or paranormal romance (not gory though).
I can't wait to get a look at the forums.
TeddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi TeddieS and welcome to MobileRead. Like you, I've had a Sony 505 since last year and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Teddie -- and welcome to MobileRead. We've got quite a group of Texans here. I own a Sony 505 as well as a Kindle. My hubby bought me the cover for my Sony that has the lightwedge built in -- makes it really nice for reading in the car at night. The lightwedge doesn't bother his eyes while he's driving like a booklight or flashlight does.

I don't read many romances -- at least not the Harlequin or Silhouette type -- but last year some friends in my book-swapping group introduce me to PUF books. I'm told that PUF stands for Paranormal and Urban Fiction. At least some of these PUFs are in that "paranormal romance" category and I've enjoyed those.

I'm on a short business trip this week and really enjoying not having to schlep around a stack of books or find a book store when I finish the book I was reading when I left home.

We're glad you've joined us. Volunteers here at MobileRead have produced books in Sony format and ePub that you can download and put onto your Sony reader. Some of the classic romances are pretty good!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieS View Post
Well a friend told me about this site. I am an avid reader and after years upon years of books I bought a Sony PRS-505 last year and have never looked back.
I just love my reader and my husband does too, since he doesn't have to haul the books to the car for me when I donate them to the library. It has cut down on a MAJOR clutter issue for me.
I love all kinds of books but tend to lean towards romance or paranormal romance (not gory though).
I can't wait to get a look at the forums.

Welcome!! I Love my 505 as well This is an awesome forum for information and free books!

My dh was happy when I started checking out more ebooks from the library. Cut down on the myriad of books I made him haul *back* to the library for me!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote