Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
SactownGuy
SactownGuy doesn't litterSactownGuy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Review of the new Sony PRSA-CL1 cover with built in light

Has anyone used this thing? It looks super cool... I have been waiting for a device like this... I have only found 1 review on it so far... Any thoughts?

Link: Small Review of Sony PRSA-CL1
SactownGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Mobileread members are discussing this in this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26776
It seems to get pretty positive reviews except for the price.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactownGuy View Post
Has anyone used this thing? It looks super cool... I have been waiting for a device like this... I have only found 1 review on it so far... Any thoughts?

Link: Small Review of Sony PRSA-CL1
The author of the review says it's not bright enough. Yet, I see the following photo and see it looks plenty bright.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am curious how bright it is in comparison to Verilux.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
smaulz
smaulz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
Not bright enough? I keep mine on the lowest setting, and it's still pretty jarring to read at night in bed. Takes some getting used to.
smaulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #6
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaulz View Post
Not bright enough? I keep mine on the lowest setting, and it's still pretty jarring to read at night in bed. Takes some getting used to.
Agreed. This thing is plenty bright. I keep it on the lower setting because full power on this is overkill.
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nice! Lower setting = less battery usage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The new case is very nice. I rarely use anything but the lowest light setting. The glare/shading on the left of the screen is a bit bothersome but you learn to ignore it and can really get lost in the read. It is also a real eye catcher when you use it in public.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I'm getting one for my birthday which isn't until September even though I know it's already arrived at my house. (I'm a broke college student who lives in my own apartment).

Now to convince my parents to let me have it early
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote