Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Texas MobileRead Get-Together

Let's get together and talk about how much we like our eBook readers and MobileRead. Zelda recommends more than two weeks advance planning so people can clear (or block) their calendars and arrange to attend. So, how about Saturday, 23 August? And where's a good location? Looking at the Frappr map, we're scattered around the state. While I'd like everyone to come to Dallas, I guess further south near Killeen or Austin might be a more central location. Of course, if folks come to the Dallas area, we might talk Gideon into coming down from Oklahoma.

So -- talk it up. Location, dates, whatever.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Oh man .... if you have it near Austin, I am sooooooo there!!!

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Have Cybook Gen1, Gen3, and ASUS EEE PC 701, will travel. Aug. 23 is OK by me.

(Let's see how many people I scared off.....)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Have Cybook Gen1, Gen3, and ASUS EEE PC 701, will travel. Aug. 23 is OK by me.

(Let's see how many people I scared off.....)
Ralph Sir Edward, you are the dream candidate for the device demo hookup thread. especially since vivaldirules (who lives in texas !!) has just posted that he would love to see an EEE. go sign up. what are you waiting for ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Austin? Aug. 23? I think I could make that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

August 23?? Cool!! That's right around my birthday!! I'll buy at least one round of drinks.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh, Texas is almost 17 times the size of Switzerland!!! I can imagine it's hard to pin it down to one place.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 AM   #8
RickV
Enthusiast
RickV doesn't litterRickV doesn't litter

Device: none
Well,I would be willing to attend one so I can hold one of those things in my hand before I purchase it.

Considering the costs, wouldn't it be prudent for these little get togethers be held regionally? Like people in Houston meeting at Midtown/Montrose? I got a couple of suggestions like Late Nite Pie (pizza and beer!) or One's a meal for late night gatherings. They're open until 3am and 24hrs respectively.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Well,I would be willing to attend one so I can hold one of those things in my hand before I purchase it.
yep, that's one of the points of having them ! (not the only point...)

Quote:
Considering the costs, wouldn't it be prudent for these little get togethers be held regionally? Like people in Houston meeting at Midtown/Montrose? I got a couple of suggestions like Late Nite Pie (pizza and beer!) or One's a meal for late night gatherings. They're open until 3am and 24hrs respectively.
you could have a second one in houston. i'm all for things in proximity. don't hold it the same night, that way if people want to go to both of them, they can.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Heh, Texas is almost 17 times the size of Switzerland!!! I can imagine it's hard to pin it down to one place.
heh... i don't know whether this is more a commentary on the gigantic size of texas, or the tiny size of switzerland... i really don't know how you guys managed to fit FOUR languages in such a small country !!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh... i don't know whether this is more a commentary on the gigantic size of texas, or the tiny size of switzerland... i really don't know how you guys managed to fit FOUR languages in such a small country !!
Well, let's see...

Spanish
English
South Texan
West Texan

Yep, they got four, as well!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, let's see...

Spanish
English
South Texan
West Texan

4 ? four ??? in a place the size of texas ??? switzerland has four already ! come back and talk to me when they've got 68.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Well, let's see...

Spanish
English
South Texan
West Texan

There are large populations that speak:

Vietnamese
German
Czech

And probably others.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post

Well, the folks from Houston could carpool, and I could sleep a few people at my house (as long as you are not allergic to cats) ... that would keep costs down.

Hey ... it's a thought.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Well, let's see...

Spanish
English
South Texan
West Texan

We speak Yankee, too. (Well, most of us do...)

And German, and Polish.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, meet-up, texas, usa