Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2015, 03:35 AM   #211
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Hi, thanks for the thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naobsd View Post
did you run /system/bin/set_font_service.sh (or add it to your init.rc) for 1.7.3 based system?

EDIT: I'm using kernel/boot/recovery from Boyue-T61D-20150831 with system from C67ML_Carta 1.7.3 2015-08-19_11-00 2a16237
1) In the failed ROM I have /system/bin/set_font_service.sh (from the C67ML ROM) there but I didn't run it manually.
2) Stupid me: Till now I only changed the system.img so I let the boot.img (once changed) alone. In the boot.img of Energy Ereader Pro v5 init.rc is present but no mentioning of set_font_service.sh.

Edt:
PS: How is your batterylife? I read in the Chinese forum that it is worse with the 1.7.3 ROM.
PPS: I just compared the init.rc of boot.img of the C67ML and the Energy Ereader Pro. You are right /system/bin/set_font_service.sh is called in the C67ML boot.img. I'll try now to adapt it.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-23-2015 at 04:53 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 AM   #212
naobsd
naobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheesenaobsd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Boyue T61D
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
1) In the failed ROM I have /system/bin/set_font_service.sh (from the C67ML ROM) there but I didn't run it manually.
2) Stupid me: Till now I only changed the system.img so I let the boot.img (once changed) alone. In the boot.img of Energy Ereader Pro v5 init.rc is present but no mentioning of set_font_service.sh.

Edt:
PS: How is your batterylife? I read in the Chinese forum that it is worse with the 1.7.3 ROM.
PPS: I just compared the init.rc of boot.img of the C67ML and the Energy Ereader Pro. You are right /system/bin/set_font_service.sh is called in the C67ML boot.img. I'll try now to adapt it.
I added following lines to init.rc in boot.img from Boyue-T61D-20150831 rom.

Code:
service setfontservice /system/bin/set_font_service.sh
    class main
    user root
    oneshot
and it works. (I added "chmod 0777 /sys/.../brightness" too, that's all)

and sorry, I got my T61D (inkBOOK, to be exact) just few days ago and I didn't try to use it long time.
(hacking first, using next...)
naobsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2015, 05:23 AM   #213
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Yep its working. Thanks!
Since I had it open I did change some more in the init.rc but what did the trick was including the aformentioned:
Quote:
service setfontservice /system/bin/set_font_service.sh
class main
user root
oneshot
Now I'm testing batterylife.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #214
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Hi guys, I'm finally back and haven't really made much progress, CM and RK just seem to hate eachother (at least on this device), didn't even get to try to make the extended partitions firmware for my device BUT I just tried something I did also try a while ago and didn't work: FlashFire (the recovery replacement app made by Chainfire) and guess what? NOW it works (0.24 version from Play Store beta) which means that we can easily flash zip files on our device, even whole ROM zip's most probably.

EDIT: Yes, I did just notice I posted this in the totally wrong thread immediately after I clicked "Post", lol, sorry for that.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #215
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by didierm View Post
- This is in accordance with my observations of the T62D+ test firmware (v2015062909) , which I have been running for the past 6 weeks.
My latest run (Google Services installed, WiFi disabled) was 12 days uptime, with 2-3 hours daily reading (with enabled frontlight, mostly set to low brightness), and about 7% battery left.

- Considering the new eReaderPro+ 2.0.0.B firmware : my main beef with the old version (1.0.0) was the secured adbd daemon. Is this still the case with the 2.0.0 version ?
Are you still running this? I recently got a T62D and it's using 1% per hour while supposedly asleep! Is the lowest level of brightness still high, and does it still flicker?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #216
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Are you still running this? I recently got a T62D and it's using 1% per hour while supposedly asleep! Is the lowest level of brightness still high, and does it still flicker?
Yes, still running v20150629-test to my satisfaction.
- very good battery life ;
- min. brightness level = 31% (quite bright)
- never experienced flickering.

I'll probably skip the released v20150831, and install v20150929-test one of these days.
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #217
vovata
vovata began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
I wish to ask how I can "cook" a firmware for my own boyue T62B.
If I do these steps will it be enough:
- unpack the firmware of my device (T62B) and modify boot.img as it is explained in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=24
- store this new boot.img on separate place
- unpack the firmware of FOV (Port full firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62)
- copy my modified boot.img instead of this one of FOV
- pack the firmware and install on the device using rk batch tool

My doubts in this scenario are:
- which firmware of FOV to use, standard or extended one? this one for T62C or for T62D?
- is it enough to change only boot.img and whole software placed in other partitions is compatible with my device?
vovata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:50 AM   #218
DaBook
DaBook began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi FOV. I have a couple of questions.
1) Once installed the firmware of the C67ML on the energy ereader do I have to repeat the process to upgrade to 1.7.4 or 1.7.5 or whatever future release, or can I flash the update.zip file? Will this brick the device?
2) Wouldn't just sideloading the Onyx Reader and NeoReader apps bring in the same reading experience of the C67ML without flashing the whole system?
DaBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #219
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Hi DaBook. Soon I will start to collect under the device firmware v1.7.4 for standard and extended version. Version 1.7.5 on the website of the Onyx I have not seen. If you try an extended version to update the file "update.zip" then the upgrade process will not start, since Recovery will not see the file because ID will be different. This is done to have not received "brick".
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #220
kumquats
kumquats began at the beginning.

Device: T62+
gmini MagicBook A6LHD firmware

http://www.g-mini.ru/media/uploads/f...a_20160116.zip

I've been running with the linked firmware on my Boyue T62+ for several days. So far, I really like it. It boots faster and feels snappier than the latest Stock Boyue firmware. It also seems to come with a different dictionary.

It has Play Store pre-installed.

Here are some issues that I'm aware of (YMMV):

- If you prefer English language, you will have to change that when you boot up.

- I prefer the side buttons left arrow to go backwards and the bottom right arrow to go forwards, and it has them switched.

- If using Google Play Books to use for reading, if the text is re-flowed, then as you increment positions in a chapter of a book, the text marches to the left off the screen. No other book reading apps do that on this firmware though. I haven't checked to see if this is an issue on other firmware.
kumquats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #221
DarKHawK
DarKHawK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Hi DaBook. Soon I will start to collect under the device firmware v1.7.4 for standard and extended version. Version 1.7.5 on the website of the Onyx I have not seen. If you try an extended version to update the file "update.zip" then the upgrade process will not start, since Recovery will not see the file because ID will be different. This is done to have not received "brick".
Hello FOV,

Any news on v1.7.4?
Also what is the changelog for that version.

Thanks.
DarKHawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #222
tebra
tebra began at the beginning.

Device: NST - Icarus Illumina
Hello @FOV,
I have a problem with Gonyx-T62C-150929-Standard version For_Recovery_&_PC.7z
system.img extracted from update.img is 523MB. But system partition is limited to 512MB.

Last edited by tebra; 04-03-2016 at 09:39 AM.
tebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:08 AM   #223
ak1968
ak1968 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquats View Post

- If using Google Play Books to use for reading, if the text is re-flowed, then as you increment positions in a chapter of a book, the text marches to the left off the screen. No other book reading apps do that on this firmware though. I haven't checked to see if this is an issue on other firmware.
I also experienced this problem with Boyue-T62C-2016-02-02 firmware.
Google Play Books v3.5.15 doesn't have this issue though.
ak1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #224
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help.

So I don't know if I borked my stock recovery image but like others have mentioned in this thread, I only see the dead android icon when I boot into recovery mode and there is no factory reset option. Are all the rk3026 e-reader devices like this or does anyone have a working recovery image? I tried every recovery image available for the T62D after unpacking them.

Also, I have a treat to share with you all soon....
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #225
AndyRoid
AndyRoid began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+ (T62D)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquats View Post

I've been running with the linked firmware on my Boyue T62+ for several days. So far, I really like it. It boots faster and feels snappier than the latest Stock Boyue firmware. It also seems to come with a different dictionary.

(...)
- I prefer the side buttons left arrow to go backwards and the bottom right arrow to go forwards, and it has them switched.
(...)
I also have a T62+ and was using Energy Reader v2 firmware but it was laggy and now I changed it for this.

To solve this issue, I changed the keyboard layout file rk29-keypad.kl located in (root)/system/media.

I wasn't able to root the device but I pulled the file with adb commands and then pushed the modified file and now works perfectly.
AndyRoid is offline   Reply With Quote