Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #61
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
talizh, You could not have put a few pictures of your model ...

Вы не могли бы выложить несколько фото Вашей модели...
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #62
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
If browser works do any of cloud reader apps work?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #63
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I got short news concerning Android device. You can ignore the pictures above. They decided to abandon this design. New Android Boox shall be made similar to Firefly (with side buttons on both sides ) and will get Moon Light functionality too.
I was told by an Icarus representative that no M92-sized units with internal light (Moon Light) are expected within at least the next year. Is this consistent with your information?
Vielen Dank!
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #64
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Booxtor wrote few months ago that no new M92-sized devices were being prepared for near future.

He only spoke about work on porting android to M92 (and other current models on sale). But when and if at all will be android ported is a big question. We will see....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #65
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Thank you. I was expecting as much, just wanted to make sure there was no misconception on my part.
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #66
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Is there no possibility to install .apk files even without Google Play?

BTW, I think you got your reader pretty quickly, considering it came from China.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #67
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I live in Korea, so it didn't have far to go.

I tried to instal .apk files with the file manager that the device came with but no luck. It simply says "invalid file." Moreover, there is no setting for "non-market apps" like there is on my android phone.

I looked around on the internet last night but not really sure about how else to install apk files. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

The inbuilt reading app not only has Chinese menus, it is clunky and has none of the functions found in the Onyx software. The only advantage of android is for third-party apps. The fact that there's no obvious way to put third-party apps on here is just a waste, in my opnion.

Here's a couple pictures. The back is a rough feeling metal finish. Because of this metal, the USB connection port scraps a little and thus makes my skin crawl whenever I insert a cable, ha ha, but otherwise the device itself seems okay. The glare on the screen, however, is a major problem. If I could install android apps such as Kindle or Google Books, I could live with the screen (it is still better than a tablet LCD) but as it is, the Onyx screen looks better and has way better software.

Oh, and I checked out cloud reading but it said that the device's browser is not compatible.

Like I said above, an interesting little device. It is fast but without third market apps it is useless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130202_163057-1.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	100533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130202_163132-1.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	100534  
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #68
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Wow, that's really noticeable glare. So it doesn't have any market and it can't install any apps? That's disapointing. Maybe they put non market apps setting somewhere else or called it diferently?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #69
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
Like I said above, an interesting little device. It is fast but without third market apps it is useless.
Many thanks for your information and for taking the risk. Totally dissapointing.

Hope you are fine !

I am Kerry wang from Shenzhen Banyuan Technology Co., Ltd.

Our company a professional produces tablet PC, netbook, ebooks,smart phone digital photo frame

You interest is Android Eink reader, The Module is BYE6A13A, please see attachment file

one sample price 83USD/pc, freight by DHL cost 45USD/

We have't retailer in Europe/ECC , Can download and install some APKs from Google Play

More information pls see Attached please find pictures and information and price,,
For further information, you can visit our website, or just feel free to contact me. We sincerely hope that we can do long term business

jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #70
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Yeah, he also told me that it can install third party apps.

Not possible...at least not for a normal user like myself. I even tried installing some software from the web that seems to let you install apk files on a device via a USB cable but I kept getting "Could not connect with your Android device" errors.

I have some experience rooting an Android phone or tablet, but I don't know where to start with this device. It's pretty hard to find the kernels for generic devices, sofar as I know.

If anyone else has an opinion or expertise in this regard, I would love your advice.

The screen sucks but if I could install android apps on it like Kindle or Google Books it would at least find a use in my collection of devices
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #71
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
Yeah, he also told me that it can install third party apps.

Not possible...at least not for a normal user like myself.
Is it possible to install an apk which was downloaded directly or via PC?
For example
http://code.google.com/p/vudroid/dow...udroid-1.4.apk

It should work via a file browser or ApkInstaller (if installed); root not needed.
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #72
puchatek2
puchatek2 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX i62HD AngelGlow
Hi
any news in this area?
Someone know if Onyx is going to release new hardware with android on board or preparing android stock firmware for existing hardware? i62HD
puchatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote