Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
sailingpeanut
sailingpeanut began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can Comments be "saved to disk" for reading?

Hi there,
is there a way to 'Save to disk' the Comments Field (Metadata) as a txt file for reading ?

Right now when I save to disk I get the following structure on my reader

Author (Directory)
Title (Director
Title.epub

What I'd love to have is:

Author (Directory)
Title (Directory)
Title.epub
Title.txt (containing the Comments field from Metadata - aka a brief description of the book)

A bit like in a library where you take a book and read the summary of the content on the back.

cheerio and thanks for any ideas
Sailor
sailingpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingpeanut View Post
Hi there,
is there a way to 'Save to disk' the Comments Field (Metadata) as a txt file for reading ?
Not as a separate file. You can have it added to the front of your book, with other metadata by selecting
Prefs|Conversion|Common Options|Structure Detection| Insert metadata as page at start of book.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert