Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Hope you have a great time with it - I absolutely love mine.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I've been exploring some. At one point I had like 20 Google tabs open when I was trying to close the damn things! Everytime I thought I was hitting an X another tab popped up. Then somehow I went into incognito mode and couldn't figure out how to get back to regular Google.

I think I'll just stick to my pc when I want to browse the web!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Which browser were you using? Because that can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy browsing on the tablet. I thought I was going to hate using my tablets for browsing as well, but once I found the right browser for me, I have no problems.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using Chrome that came with it. I'll take suggestions for it. Also, what do I need to do to get the music that I have on cd that I put into WMP and transferred over to my Nexus to play it tell me that it can't play it. But all this music works just fine on my SGP5! What's the difference between the two?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I'm using Chrome that came with it. I'll take suggestions for it. Also, what do I need to do to get the music that I have on cd that I put into WMP and transferred over to my Nexus to play it tell me that it can't play it. But all this music works just fine on my SGP5! What's the difference between the two?
Don't you mean WMA files? It might be that the default Android player does not support this format; you might need a 3rd party player from the Play Store (or you could use MP3, which everybody plays ). Your SGP5, being a music player at heart, will have support for a larger set of formats, hence why it can play them by default.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
cfrizz
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Don't you mean WMA files? It might be that the default Android player does not support this format; you might need a 3rd party player from the Play Store (or you could use MP3, which everybody plays ). Your SGP5, being a music player at heart, will have support for a larger set of formats, hence why it can play them by default.
Yes I mean WMA. And you are correct, in order to play them I have to buy a player that comes with them, the free ones don't...that sucks! Some of the songs I listen to I am unable to find as MP3s.

Oh well, I'm not going to be using the player all that much since this tablet is pretty much for house use only so I would be listening to my full audio system which has much better sound!

I'm getting the hang of browsing via a tablet like double tapping to enlarge the screen ect.

I have ordered this case for my Nexus: http://www.amazon.com/FINTIE-Leather..._pe_p_t_1_A26X

It should do well enough for at home use.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Yes I mean WMA. And you are correct, in order to play them I have to buy a player that comes with them, the free ones don't...that sucks! Some of the songs I listen to I am unable to find as MP3s.

Oh well, I'm not going to be using the player all that much since this tablet is pretty much for house use only so I would be listening to my full audio system which has much better sound!
I haven't used it, but this player supports WMA, and it's free. I'm pretty certain you could find others.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
If you've got a Windows machine, take a look at uploading your music to Google Play, which is free for up to 20,000 tracks. WMA is supported when uploading from Windows (I think it's then converted for you to mp3). You can then stream to your Nexus 7 wherever you have an internet connection, or tap the 'pin' against tracks or albums that you want to download to the device (as mp3s).

This has the added bonus that your music's then available to all your devices - or even from someone else's if you happen to be round at their house - you just stream via any browser.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
cfrizz
Wizard

THANK YOU AVF!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #25
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
I'm using Chrome that came with it. I'll take suggestions for it.
My personal preference is Dolphin. The "close tab" and "new tab" buttons aren't right next to each other, so I don't accidentally open tabs when I mean to close and vice versa.

I suggest searching Play for browsers and just trying any that catch your eye. They'll have screenshots in the app description so you know ahead of time what the UI looks like. You may still decide you don't like web browsing on it, but at least you'll have explored all options.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #26
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
I'm using Chrome that came with it. I'll take suggestions for it.
If you are using Chrome then you can also use Google Drive which is very handy for getting files of all kinds from your PC to your tablet (books, photos, music, etc..) Just copy a file into the PC's Google Drive folder and it will be automatically synched to Google's cloud which you can then access from any other device running Google Drive, such as your tablet. You can even share files with someone else if you give them permission!

Kind of like Dropbox but easier.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #27
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
My personal preference is Dolphin. The "close tab" and "new tab" buttons aren't right next to each other, so I don't accidentally open tabs when I mean to close and vice versa.

I suggest searching Play for browsers and just trying any that catch your eye. They'll have screenshots in the app description so you know ahead of time what the UI looks like. You may still decide you don't like web browsing on it, but at least you'll have explored all options.
Have not come across any that you can increase font size incrementally like some on ios that do. Portrait mode on the nexus for browsing is rather meh, especially on desktop mode.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #28
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The only common problem with the Nexus is flaky wi-fi.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #29
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Have not come across any that you can increase font size incrementally like some on ios that do. Portrait mode on the nexus for browsing is rather meh, especially on desktop mode.
There's an add-on (plugin) for Dolphin called Text Sizer which adds this functionality. Open Dolphin and swipe left to get the Add-ons bar, then tap the + sign in the top right to choose and install Text Sizer.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #30
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:

If you have a Windoze machine, use Windows Media Player to RIP your CD's to MP3 files and play those on your Nexus. All of my CD's have been ripped and rest quietly in their jewel cases. They are readily available on my hard disk drive anytime I want to listen on my phone, tablet or MP3 player.

Cheers!

John
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote