Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
JDługosz
JDługosz is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Why Wi-fi?

I found that the battery in my new Nook drains overnight. I expect this is due to the wi-fi. Now, although I installed the stuff from nookdevs, I turned off the adb using the wifi-locker tool.

So, while the Nook is sleeping, why does it still keep the wi-fi on? It's not like I can communicate with it using Network Neighborhood, or even ping it.

On the same issue, what is "lock wi-fi" anyway? It does not appear to turn it off or have any effect other than to change the button text between "lock" and "unlock". (The natural state is unlock)

--John
JDługosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDługosz View Post
I found that the battery in my new Nook drains overnight. I expect this is due to the wi-fi. Now, although I installed the stuff from nookdevs, I turned off the adb using the wifi-locker tool.

So, while the Nook is sleeping, why does it still keep the wi-fi on? It's not like I can communicate with it using Network Neighborhood, or even ping it.

On the same issue, what is "lock wi-fi" anyway? It does not appear to turn it off or have any effect other than to change the button text between "lock" and "unlock". (The natural state is unlock)

--John
Wifi lock is to keep the wifi connection on so that you can surf the web.When you are not using the wifi connection you turn airplane mode on this will turn the wifi off and help preserve your battery.Wifi locker has nothing to do with adb. Adb is how you communicate with the nook thru your computer

Last edited by rdfry; 07-04-2010 at 06:54 PM.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert