Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
How to sideload books please.

Hello,
I have an Aura and a Kobo Glo, and wish to sideload books into its memory. However can you please tell me into which folder do I paste them into. The two files I see are Kobo and Keypub which already has a lot of books in it (bought) downloaded directly by Kobo.
Thank you all in anticipation.
Ron
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Create a folder in the main directory, and paste there.

Or use Calibre and just click send button after adding book to the Calibre (by draging&droping to the Calibre window).
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #3
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Hi GERGE,
Thank you for your advice. I could not find which file you meant, so I have loaded 'Calibre' and have downloaded the books to that and then to the kobo.
Thanks Again.
Ron
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
You can actually drop them pretty much anywhere on the device EXCEPT in a directory that starts with a period (they are hidden from the device as system directories). Most people will create some sort of folder to put the books in if only for sanity in organization. Note that the device itself won't use the folders (all books will be shown together in the library).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote