Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
tryceo
tryceo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help me convert my PDF to mobi

So I have this pdf file, about 600 pages, that I really want to view on my Kindle. I have tried about everything. When I use Mobi Creator, the text has occasional changes between text font sizes. For example, when you have a paragraph of normal text (12 pt Roman), the last sentence or two changes fonts to like 20 pt. It is annoying and I don't know how to fix it. I then tried to use Calibre to convert to mobi, but that didn't work because the "ll" and the "ff" s become "l " and "f ". I then tried to convert PDF to Doc, but the doc size was always >25mb, and the pages were messed up, where 1 page would have full page of text on it, and the next page would have about 5 lines of text, then rest of it is space. I tried to convert the pdf to html, but the google doc html only views ~300 pages. How do I convert it?
tryceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryceo View Post
So I have this pdf file, about 600 pages, that I really want to view on my Kindle.
Some PDFs don't convert well with any converter out there. You can try using Adobe Acrobat to export the file as a html. If that does give you a good output then convert that to mobi. If that output is just as bad then read it as a PDF on your Kindle.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I've had good luck using Mobipocket Creator to break pdf into html files and then I open them in Sigil for editing. Once that is done, you will have an epub file which can be converted to mobi with Calibre.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote