Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
ADE - a question about library management

I can't seem to find how to do this.

To explain, I have about 300 or so PDFs of old magazines in a directory, and I added them to ADE. Then, I needed to rename the pdf files to enable better sorting of the files outside of ADE. So I used a multi-rename tool to rename them all.

Of course, I forgot this would upset ADE. Now as I try to open each one, I get an error and ADE marks it as missing. How do I fix this? I can't even find a way to delete them from the library (except one by one - and that would be too painful) so I can re-add them.

Of course, I may be missing something obvious, so I thought I'd ask the gurus here
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Not sure about fixing the missing links but the easiest solution I see is;;

Click on Library dropdown menu, then List View. You should be able to sort all your books by the tag 'missing'. This view will let you select multiple files, so you should be able to hold shift and select your list then delete (to delete press the delete key on your keyboard, if you click the arrow on a file it will only allow you to delete that single file)
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Not sure about fixing the missing links but the easiest solution I see is;;

Click on Library dropdown menu, then List View. You should be able to sort all your books by the tag 'missing'. This view will let you select multiple files, so you should be able to hold shift and select your list then delete (to delete press the delete key on your keyboard, if you click the arrow on a file it will only allow you to delete that single file)
When I first multiple-selected a pile of books, and pressed the delete key - nothing happened. Then I tried again and it worked. Strange, but anyway it can be done!

thanks.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote