Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Do you mean in the EZReader? You just press the 6 key then it will put a number beside each link then just type the number by the link you want to navigate to and press OK.

I just opened a EPUB in ADE the TOC is defiantly different then in Cool Reader.
I'm afraid that MOBI's TOC is just page of links which is alot like CR's but you don't have to use arrow keys to highlight the link you just type in the number of the link.

Sorry I don't use ADE so I didn't know the difference.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-30-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Ok, thank you. I must not have built the book correctly because I don't seem to have a TOC in Mobi. But that's ok, for that I think I prefer epub, as I really like ADE's TOC. But this FW's download does seem quite a bit faster than what I had previously, so all seems to be well.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm happy you got it figure out. I use 6/22 firmware as well. MOBI's TOC needs to be forced most of the time in Calibre then add the appropriate Regular expression to catch all Chapter titles to make a TOC.

I too now prefer EPUB using CR3. I use a inline TOC made with BookDesigner 5 for now till it supports EPUB's regular TOC.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #19
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Blossom, when you read an epub with CR3, does it mess up the formatting? I prefer the formatting of ADE, but I like the status bar in CR3. Unfortunately, whenever I use CR3 to read epubs, the formatting goes out the window.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It took me awhile to get the epub style sheet right so that the formatting looks good. I used CoolReader 3 for desktop to go back and forth to see what each change to the EPUB stylesheet would look like. I finally got it to where I want it.

You just put the epub.css in the crengine folder on your reader once your done editing it and make sure in settings that it's set to override the book's style.

I use BookDesigner 5 to make my source HTM file before converting it into Calibre to make a final epub file. BookDesigner 5 makes it easy to get good formatting in CR3 with Epub.

The style sheets are found inside the Cool Reader 3 for windows installation zip. They can be edited with notepad or any plain text editor of your choice like PSPad or Notepad++
Old 08-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Thank you for the information! It looks like more work than I'm willing to put into it right now, but I'll keep this in mind when I'm feeling adventurous. I'm glad you mentioned CR3 for the desktop! I didn't realize there was a desktop application, but that would make it so much easier! I had been trying to find a file type that I liked, so I would just convert my book to several different formats, then load them all onto my Pocket Pro and see which one I liked best, then deleted the others... seeing them on my computer would be so much easier!