Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Shyne
Enthusiast
Shyne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down I wanna read in georgian!!! :(

Hi,

can enybody tell me how I can make the reader display georgian correctly?

e.g. http://www.lib.ge/body_text.php?302

Thanks !

PS: I saved the text as a txt unicode file... It didn't work
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Shyne
Install PRS+.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Shyne
Enthusiast

Thanks but it works as it is ... I copied the text into word 07 and saved it as pdf. It works great. I can resize the font size and evrything...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shyne
Well, if you prefer harder ways...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-5-24.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	52189   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-5-24_0.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	52190  

Last edited by kartu; 05-24-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Shyne
Enthusiast

Thanks
Maybe I'll try it some time
I just looked at the project site The features sound nice.
e.g. "option to set default zoom size, limit available zoom steps by kravitz " does it mean, it can "stay zoomed page after page" like the much more expensive iLiad?

მადლობა
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
does it mean, it can "stay zoomed page after page" like the much more expensive iLiad?
I am not sure what you mean by that. PRS 505 has 3 zoom levels, S M L. This addon allows you to say that by default you want to open books using L (or whatever) and that when switching between zoom sizes you don't want to see, say, M size. That's all it does.

არაფრის.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
Shyne
Enthusiast

What I meant is:

You select zoom level M
When you switch to the next page, the Sony reader sets the zoom back to default
The iLiad Readers can make the zoom stay "fixed". When you go to the next page it's still zoomed in and you don't have to zoom in again which is very useful when reading scanned books as pdf files...

უცნარაურად არ მოგეჩვენოს, ინგლისურად იმიტომ ვაგრძელე რომ, ჯერ ერთი შეიძლება ვინმეს არ ესიამოვნოს ჩვენი რომ არ ესმის ან კიდევ ვინმეს იგევე აინტერსებდეს და ვერ გაგვიგოს
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
kartu
PRS+ author

Shyne
Quote:
You select zoom level M
When you switch to the next page, the Sony reader sets the zoom back to default
Uhm, nope, it never sets zoom back to anything actually, at least on my device ^^...

ინგლისურენოვანი ფორუმია და შესაბამისად ინგლისურად უნდა ვპოსტოდ, ცხადია.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Shyne
Enthusiast

Quote:
Uhm, nope, it never sets zoom back to anything actually, at least on my device ^^...
Nice! I'll give it a try. Might make my life a lil bit easier

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Shyne
Enthusiast

http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/ :
Quote:
Currently only PRS-505

I can't use it. When is the support for PRS 600 coming?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Support for PRS600 is not coming soon, it may or may not come at some point in the future. I've read the entire thread to try and piece things together and it seems the firmware is very different on the 505 compared to the 600, and more importantly it's very easily to "brick" a 600, meaning a slight mistake in developing PRS+ for the 600 means a broken device.

However the folder view is apparently going to come for 600, but not the whole project.

That's only my understanding from reading the thread, I have nothing to do with the project!
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
kartu
PRS+ author

Actually, guys, you could expect first "preview" for 600 in several weeks.
I don't know what that has to do with support for Georgian, Halk. Is it the feature you area looking for?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Actually, guys, you could expect first "preview" for 600 in several weeks.
I don't know what that has to do with support for Georgian, Halk. Is it the feature you area looking for?
Nah, I'm not after Georgian.. it's folders I'm after (Sudoko would be nice too!).
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote