Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #691
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
2. the credits cite "the cat empire". i don't know what to make of that piece of information.
Australian band. I've not followed them much at all, but the song that helped them break-in wasn't bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vW7eLX2EXc

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #692
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Australian band. I've not followed them much at all, but the song that helped them break-in wasn't bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vW7eLX2EXc

Cheers,
Marc
ok, so possibly less subversive than i originally thought. but i like that song. (trumpet, scratch dj, and a babyfoot, all in the same video ! is that the trifecta ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #693
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now I am mourning the departure of The Loved One for a couple of days, though with far less grief this time, since he showed me how the espresso machine works this morning. I've decided that, after making tomorrow morning's cups for myself, I shall Zany Carter myself into such a mind-altering incoherently enervated ecstasy of illumination that Kundalini will complain about all the light and the noise, grab his chakras and burst through the top of my skull like a busted and ignited gas main. The hope is that, in the process, the previous 24 hours of memory will be cleansed in the holy fire, and when the Loved One returns and asks for a cuppa I can say "Oh, sorry, I've forgotten how to" and thus keep getting coffee in bed every morning.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #694
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that's a devious plan... but isn't that what you do *every* time ?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #695
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that's a devious plan... but isn't that what you do *every* time ?
Well, everything except the bit about learning how to use the espresso machine. Normally, the degradation of my caffeinated proclivity combined with my ignorance debases me to such an extent of desperation that I have, in the past, been forced to make and imbibe....instant coffee.

~shudder~

...but, yeah, sure. There's nothing like an evening of Zany Carters and bad 80's music to clean out your chakras.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 09-24-2008, 01:39 AM   #696
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Well, everything except the bit about learning how to use the espresso machine. Normally, the degradation of my caffeinated proclivity combined with my ignorance debases me to such an extent of desperation that I have, in the past, been forced to make and imbibe....instant coffee.

~shudder~

...but, yeah, sure. There's nothing like an evening of Zany Carters and bad 80's music to clean out your chakras.

Cheers,
Marc
Instant coffee???!!?!!!?!! Blasphemer! You WILL burn at the stake! Heathen!

As for what I'm doing right now, just got into work, having a cafe latté and trying to keep up with all the new posts from the night, you people are WAY to active
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #697
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Instant coffee???!!?!!!?!! Blasphemer! You WILL burn at the stake! Heathen!

As for what I'm doing right now, just got into work, having a cafe latté and trying to keep up with all the new posts from the night, you people are WAY to active
seriously. i don't know how i get anything else done.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #698
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
It's worse than you think, Zee, because RIGHT NOW, Lefty is alone, morose, blowing his nose on your new T-shirts, because Hugo has run off with a tawdry 80's "leg warmer" named Bernice who claims she was an extra in Flashdance.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #699
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
It's worse than you think, Zee, because RIGHT NOW, Lefty is alone, morose, blowing his nose on your new T-shirts, because Hugo has run off with a tawdry 80's "leg warmer" named Bernice who claims she was an extra in Flashdance.
Oh wow.... I really want to know where this one will end up... Should have been it's own thread

"The Adventures of Zelda_Pinwheels intrepid socks, Hugo and Lefty"
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #700
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"This will all end in shame." - Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Put topics in their own thread? In the LOUNGE? Silly, silly Slite. What's the fun in that?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #701
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh wow.... I really want to know where this one will end up... Should have been it's own thread

"The Adventures of Zelda_Pinwheels intrepid socks, Hugo and Lefty"
oh, yes please ! (what are you waiting for, taylor ???)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #702
zelda_pinwheel

(no need to start a new thread, just continue the story.)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #703
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

How can I continue the story? These are your socks! What are you going to do about Lefty? He's useless without Hugo. He's already talking about defenestration, or becoming a cover for a 7-iron. You've even caught him talking to lint, making little dollies and calling them "Lefty" in his best Hugo voice, bossing them around, calling them disparaging names.

And what about Hugo? He needs to be saved from himself, and you know, despite your tough love stance with Hugo, that saving him is YOUR job. All his rough talk about how Lefty is holding him back, weighing him down, is just that: talk. In his own way, he needs Lefty as much as Lefty needs him. What's going to happen when Bernice kicks him to the curb, as is inevitable? Are you really going to leave him out there, an unmatched sock, slumped on a sidewalk in Saint-Denis?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #704
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm fighting off a cold and getting ready to testify in two commitment hearings. Fun times!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #705
thelandlord
thelandlord began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
And I'm running out of excuses to avoid doing the garden.
thelandlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?