Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Reading this forum in the Kobo

Hi all,

I'd like to keep up on the discussions in this forum by reading them on the kobo. Has anyone written a recipe for calibre to pull this forum down as a news source? Or do you have a better method?
rantoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Because of the interactive nature of the forum, I prefer accessing it on my tablets or PC, but I wouldn't mind a version accessible on my Kobo readers. I think the main problem would be wading through tons of stuff you'd already seen and downloading a huge amount of data unless it could be limited to the top "X" number of topics... Further, it would have to follow links and download each individual thread.

I imagine it could be done, but considering the difficulties and loss of interaction would it be worthwhile?

I suppose one could access the forum via the Kobo browser, but that would not be great viewing or very good on battery life. Perhaps Kobo will eventually improve the color mapping/contrast options.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

also there are *way* too many ads in this forum, its annoying
Old 01-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't see any ads. I think they disappear when you log in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Glo
I would much more prefer a Mobileread forums version for mobile devices, as phones and tablets. Those page numbers can be really hard to tap correctly on a small screen.
Raduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
rantoie
Enthusiast

Really? I see ads all over the place, and I'm logged in. There are randomly generated replies to posts as ads, and there are ads put at the end of posts.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
1. You can not post message to this forum unless your logged into your mobileread account.
2. When you log in there is a check box to stay logged into your mobileread account.
3. You might have your web browser set to retain cookies for only session, or other limited period. You should still be able to set retain cookies for a specified website including mobileread.

What web browser, operating system are you using? Knowing this someone can give specific instructions for settings.

Last edited by filmo; 01-14-2014 at 01:13 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
MissMaple
MissMaple began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raduz View Post
I would much more prefer a Mobileread forums version for mobile devices, as phones and tablets. Those page numbers can be really hard to tap correctly on a small screen.

You can use an app for that: Tapatalk. That's how I access the forum. It works like a charm!
MissMaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMaple View Post
You can use an app for that: Tapatalk. That's how I access the forum. It works like a charm!
Thanks for the tip! My new Nexus 5 has arrived yesterday, so I will give it a try.
Raduz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, feed, forum, kobo, rss