Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I already own some of the free ebooks... it won't let me "purchase" them again so I can get the Audible book for free... Any ideas?
Are the books still listed as free? If so you should see this

Because you own this Kindle book, you can add the professional narration of Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher #1) for the reduced price of $4.99.

Just click on the link under professional narration and it will take you to Audible to get the audiobook.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
YW.

He is asking about whether the sync will work if you don't have a Kindle.
Oh of course sorry reading too fast in the excitement if you are using a kindle app to read it and the audible app to listen I reckon it should work I will test it out tonight
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #18
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Here's a direct link for the 27 (+2 =29 total right now) that are FREE:

Link: Amazon US (27 of 29 Titles)

Here's a complete list of the 27 Free right now:
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Moby Dick: or, the White Whale by Herman Melville
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Tom Sawyer's Comrade by Mark Twain
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank (Lyman Frank) Baum
Dracula by Bram Stoker
White Fang by Jack London
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
The Sign of the Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
Peter and Wendy by J. M. (James Matthew) Barrie and F. D. Bedford
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
The Fortunes and Misfortunes of the Famous Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

Additional FREE Titles: + 2 = 29 Titles

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Amazon US / Audible

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Amazon US / Audible

Last edited by kg3; 09-07-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added additional titles
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Oh of course sorry reading too fast in the excitement if you are using a kindle app to read it and the audible app to listen I reckon it should work I will test it out tonight
Yes it works - that is in the link AnemicOak put up. This is really cool.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Are the books still listed as free? If so you should see this

Because you own this Kindle book, you can add the professional narration of Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher #1) for the reduced price of $4.99.

Just click on the link under professional narration and it will take you to Audible to get the audiobook.
Good eye, but it's not working exactly right:

"Because you own this Kindle book, you can add the professional narration of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for the reduced price of $0.00."

When I click on "professional narration" it tells me $14.95 or free with a 30-day trial...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
NightBird
Wizard

Do you have an Audible account?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
--> hwlester, I think that happened to me on a couple of free titles I already owned/have in my Amazon Library and when I clicked the button that had the price listed/30-day trial, it put it into the Audible cart at 0.00. I was able to get all 27 of the free ones right now.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #23
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
--> hwlester, I think that happened to me on a couple of free titles I already owned/have in my Amazon Library and when I clicked the button that had the price listed/30-day trial, it put it into the Audible cart at 0.00. I was able to get all 27 of the free ones right now.
Thanks, I was just about to post that. I clicked "Buy on Audible.com" just to see what happened and it showed Price $14.95, You Pay $0.00.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I already own some of the free ebooks... it won't let me "purchase" them again so I can get the Audible book for free... Any ideas?
I finally figured it out. Click on Professional Narration. In the next window click on Buy at Audible.Com in the upper right corner. The price will then be listed as $0.00 in your shopping cart.

Thanks for this, Nightbird. What a treasure trove!

Edit: Oops! Sorry to repeat the solution.

Last edited by BelleZora; 09-07-2012 at 12:21 AM.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #25
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
This is awesome! I read and my husband would rather listen to audiobooks, so for a reduced price I can have both formats. I can even get the cheap audiobooks for books I've already bought (or gotten free). Neat.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #26
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
As if I don't give audible enough of my hard earned money
No but seriously this is really really cool I just looked up on Audible an ebook I brought ages ago and haven't had the chance to read and it gives me this message

With the travelling time I would get to listen to it long before I get around to having some spare time to read it
The original book only cost me 99c so its still a bargain to spend the extra $1.99 and get the audio version

Last edited by melmac; 09-07-2012 at 12:31 AM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #27
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Don't miss Gulliver's Travels. David Hyde Pierce's narration is excellent. I already purchased Anne Hathaway's narration of The Wizard of Oz and it was worth the full price. The opportunity to get these free is amazing.

Edit: David Suchet, Masterpiece Theater's definitive Poirot, narrates The Mysterious Affair at Styles.

Last edited by BelleZora; 09-07-2012 at 02:17 AM.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #28
NightBird
Wizard

For horror fans - some of the Permuted Press titles are in the list - $.99 plus $1.99 for the audiobook. Also Crossroad/Macabre Ink. A lot of theirs are $2.99 plus $1.99 for the audiobook.

A few:

The Light at the End by John Skipp and Craig Spector.

Strange Seed by T.M. Wright (I just bought this a couple of days ago - yippee).

I never heard of this guy but this one looks really interesting (originally published by S&S in 1984):

The Switch by William Bayer

Quote:
Spoiler:
"He spent hours drawing sketches of how she might be killed. And the more work he put into them the more exciting the idea became. And then he started following her and then he was caught up. And the more caught up he was the more definitely she was doomed, for once an idea took hold in him he felt compelled to carry it out

It was the Switch that made his crime a work of art... "

At first the two killings seem unrelated. The lonely call girl murdered on New York City's West Side had never met the prim schoolteacher slain across town in the far safer preserve of the city's Upper East Side. But someone has decapitated them both and switched their heads: a deed that is apparently its own motive, a crime as pointless as it was perfectly executed.

Detective Frank Janek immediately knows that he has entered the realm of a lethal madness. Middle-aged, divorced, a man centered solely on his work, Janek is practiced in piercing the minds of the criminals he pursues. In the absence of clues from the killer, he has only the awful symmetry of the crime to work with, only his own finely honed intuition. "This was a crime conceived in the shadows," he thinks, "There was precision in it, and passion. Concentrated rage and a love of order. A need to beautify. Even some strange, unfathomable, as yet uncatalogued species of love."

The challenge-to become as precise, as creative, as cold as his prey-begins to take its toll. The tenuous psychological thread leads Janek back into the unsettled past-- not only the killer's but his own. His own passion and rage and unresolved love. The love he bore for the man who trained him-a retired cop whose apparent suicide he has shied from investigating too closely, the passion for justice that has made him a marked man within the police fraternity. The rage he feels at ancient crimes that have finally burst into full and terrifying flower. And most of all, the new love he feels for the mysterious woman in whom all these strands of the past seem to converge. It is Janek's love for Caroline that leads him at last to a blinding vision of the purpose behind the grisly double homicide.

Too late, he realizes that the case of "Switched Heads" may only be the bait...
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #29
NightBird
Wizard

A couple of the Poisoned Pen Press freebies have the audiobooks.

Embrace the Grim Reaper $4.95

Cocaine Blues $4.99
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #30
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
You have to have an Audible account to do this, correct? Is there such a thing as a free Audible account?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible