Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Can the kindle 3 be used as a text editor with copy/paste function somehow?

Can the kindle 3 be used as a text editor with copy/paste function somehow? There are a self supporting program for this or a linux guru that can make a text editor for kindle?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
If you install a terminal application, you can use the limited vi (from busybox) that is already installed.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
You can also try mcedit - Midnight Commander's internal editor.
Works best with the kiterm terminal (install as a launchpad replacement).

Last edited by dsmid; 05-13-2011 at 04:14 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Thanks.
I take the K3 with 3g two days ago and instal succesfuly duokan and a jailbreak for download any type of file but this jailbreak not alow me over 3G to do this.
I think that I try busybox, Midnight Commander and kiterm but i don't know how to and I don't know what that program work for. I wish something to give me the posibility to copy text from webpage or book and paste in a simply text editor. That is posible?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote