Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
M92 battery not compatible with m90

I purchased an m92 replacement battery from ereader-store.de on May 1, and received the battery today, May 11, transhipped from Germany to NYC, USA.

The leads on the m92 battery are soldered into a plug shoe that is shaped differently from the plug shoe on the OEM M90 battery that shipped with my m90 from the US retailer in June 2011. Needless to say, the new battery will not plug into the motherboard socket on the M90. I expect that I will have to swap the plug shoe from the old battery to the new, in order to use it in my m90.

How do I do this? I do not own a multimeter. I do have a soldering iron, but I lack the experience and patience to swap the wires appropriately, especially since messing up will fry the ereader! Why the heck would one change this particular part? I rely on the device professionally, and am frustrated that so few options exist for service or maintenance. I researched a number of batteries of the appropriate size and type, but I ordered this one from ereader-store.de on the assurance of several of the users on this board that the m92 battery was an appropriate part.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
tugler
tugler began at the beginning.

Device: M92
May you can post some pictures?
tugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=eac142c259 Here they are, in comparison.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast

22 Months After Purchase, M90 is dead!

Okay, update:

about two and a half weeks ago, after I had noticed the battery charge life of my m90 decline precipitously over several chargings, I attached my m90, powered off, to a charging cable attached to my powered usb hub, to charge overnight.

When I retrieved the device from my hub, I found the back too warm (about 110-120F), and tried to power it on. While attached to the hub, the blue charging LED below the IR mouse was lit, and when the charging cable was removed, the blue LED shut-off. Since then, my M90 has not powered on.

I had a local electronics repair shop swap the leads from the OEM battery and the new I purchased from ereader-store.de, and plugged it in tonight. Testing the old battery, it had absolutely *no* voltage, and the new battery was reading 3.7 volts. On installation, the m90 still will not turn on, and there is a warm spot on the back of the unit. What is the matter with my m90?