Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #586
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden81 View Post
Hi totally new to this and kindle, I jailbroke my kindle paperwhite but I can not find a screensaver file to download files into anywhere..
Have you installed the screensaver hack (first post in this thread)?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #587
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Hi guys,

can you confirm that the simple custom screensaver hack (not the book cover screensaver) will NOT work on version 3.5.3 (my serial number is B024 XXXXXXX).

I tried to install the update_linkss_0.7.N_install.bin and install it via the settings page, but the update it greyed out. I don't need to install the python bin because I only want the simple screensaver right?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #588
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Simple screensaver works fine on my PW 3.5.3.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #589
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you install the python script? I did not and the option update was greyed out. How did you install it?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #590
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Was this the same as the duokan thingy though?
IE you couldn't install things for an "unknown reason" because Niluje is Ninja...

I have to say that his work is solider than a marble statue.
So... I dunno but I have never had anything of his let me down. That I can remember.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #591
readandread
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Was this the same as the duokan thingy though?
I'm disliking the duokan OS more and more due to these issues, even though it is a nice OS. Once I deinstalled Duokan and the screensavers appeared.

Guess the duokan will stay off my device for now.

Last edited by readandread; 05-17-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #592
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Not to be a naysayer: But, I just gave up Duokan very early. Too much I could not dig into, no real support, odd issues with no obvious cause. Bleugh.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #593
bribs81
bribs81 began at the beginning.

Hi,
Sorry if I didn't read all the thread

I'm gonna try to uninstall the screensaver Hack...

I can use the "update_linkss_0.7.N_uninstall.bin" file to uninstall the linkss, but what I have to do to uninstall the kindle-python-0.3.N?
bribs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #594
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribs81 View Post
Hi,
Sorry if I didn't read all the thread

I'm gonna try to uninstall the screensaver Hack...

I can use the "update_linkss_0.7.N_uninstall.bin" file to uninstall the linkss, but what I have to do to uninstall the kindle-python-0.3.N?
python is self-contained in its own directory, so just delete it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #595
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Niluje is Ninja...

I have to say that his work is solider than a marble statue.
So... I dunno but I have never had anything of his let me down. That I can remember.

I have found the simple screensaver hack to be compatible with all versions of both Touch and PW. Easy to install, uninstall and reinstall when needed.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #596
makyostudios
makyostudios began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Thanks everyone for all your work and help to make these things go well for amateurs like me. I always feel accomplished when I get these customizations and hacks working.

I do have one polite suggestion, in the screensaver hack instructions, it may help others to have the 'unplug during restart' requirement more prominently stated. I had to dig into the comments here to figure that out. Amateur as I am, I would have never thought that it would make a difference to unplug my Kindle.

Everything else worked like a charm. You all are great.
makyostudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #597
hberry
hberry began at the beginning.

screensaver not working

Hi there,

I have a Paperwhite which I purchased at Staples with special offers, but subsequently paid to have removed. I jailbroke, installed python and the screensavers, and the hack didn't work. Then did the whole process again after uninstalling and it still didn't work. Just shows the standard letters screensaver that started appearing after I removed offers.

I read the initial postings vis a vis the Special Offers as saying that if you hadn't removed the special offers by paying to do so, the hack wouldn't work. But was it in fact saying that if you have a Special Offers kindle the hack will never work, even if you have removed the ads?

Or have I just done something else wrong?

Many thanks,
hberry
hberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #598
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Touch & PaperWhite ScreenSavers Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hberry View Post
But was it in fact saying that if you have a Special Offers kindle the hack will never work, even if you have removed the ads?

Or have I just done something else wrong?

Many thanks,
hberry
It doesn't matter as long as you've paid and opted out of Special Offers then the hack should work. I don't know what you're doing wrong, did you do a restart?( without the cable plugged).
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #599
hberry
hberry began at the beginning.

Yes I did a restart without the cable plugged in. I did the installs however with the cable in. Would that have affected it ?

For the record I am trying to use the cover (last book opened) mode.
hberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #600
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Touch & PaperWhite ScreenSavers Hack

Every time you do a restart, unplugging the cable is necessary.

Have you created the blank 'cover' folder?

After the installation, did you see an image in the screensaver folder that says installation successful?

Make sure the images size and format are right.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch