Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
jrdew
jrdew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
estimated delivery time?

First, let me say how glad I am to have found this forum.

I finally took the plunge and ordered a Kindle a few days ago. I know that they sold out fast and basically everyone is back-ordered. I can live with that, knowing that I'm at least in the queue.

What was your order fulfillment experience like? Am I looking at days, weeks, or (I hope not) months?
jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdew View Post
I finally took the plunge and ordered a Kindle a few days ago....

Am I looking at days, weeks, or (I hope not) months?
Some folks have been able to see Amazon's expected shipping date for their orders using this
Amazon mobile web interface
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
jrdew
jrdew began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Some folks have been able to see Amazon's expected shipping date for their orders using this
Fantastic, thanks! Based on this, I'm seeing a late January expected ship date. Could be better but could be worse.
jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
many I've talked to who have ordered a Kindle the week before Christmas are expecting shipment about Feb 1st - 5th
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
many I've talked to who have ordered a Kindle the week before Christmas are expecting shipment about Feb 1st - 5th
Ouch.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Thanks for the tip!

Expected ship date:
January 17, 2008 - January 31, 2008
Estimated delivery date:
January 24, 2008 - February 13, 2008
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm also seeing online shops sold out of the 505s as well. I think it's a case of the Vizplex screens not being able to keep up with demand.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #8
jalm1
jalm1 began at the beginning.

Ordered on the 28th,
Not shipped yet
Expected ship date:
January 28, 2008 - February 11, 2008
Estimated delivery date:
January 31, 2008 - February 14, 2008

Thats a long way off. But thanks for the look up tip! Lets hope this is somewhat accurate.
jalm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
I hope y'all who are waiting will get them soon! I ordered mine on Nov. 26, with an estimated delivery date of Dec. 20. It actually arrived on Dec. 13, a whole week earlier than expected. May the same be true for you!
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #10
ewayde
ewayde began at the beginning.

I'm planning to order a Kindle. Any idea of the current order to ship timeline?
ewayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #11
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
You won't know for sure until you order one. Delivery dates seem to be all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewayde View Post
I'm planning to order a Kindle. Any idea of the current order to ship timeline?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best guess at the moment is that the Vizplex screens are the bottleneck for all the readers using it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #13
ctitanic
Enthusiast
ctitanic is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsug Q1 UMPC
I found that the last December 29th they were shipping orders placed in November 29th. So they are one month behind in orders.
ctitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
hybernation
Enthusiast
hybernation began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle 2 US, Sony PR-505
Great forum, glad I found it. That mobile site says late Jan delivery for 12/30 order. Definitely could be worse!
hybernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #15
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
It doesn't show the delivery estimate anymore on the mobile page version
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote