Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I stayed home the entire month of August due to unforeseen surgery and worked from home more than not for a few more weeks. So you would have assumed incorrectly again.
I merely assumed that you had more than a bad cold. :-)
Now if you had unforeseen cold surgery, I would have been incorrect. (And woefully behind on medical advances, apparently...)
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #32
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
How kind and how very helpful.
How very patronising - an attempt at sarcasm, wow... I spend half my time dealing with clients and friends computer problems and well over half the time it's not the hardware nor the software but the software in front of the system...

How many warnings in how many places are required before people act more sensibly? Obviously a lot more because everyone would rather blame anyone or anything than take responsibility for their own actions and lives... everybody got rights, nobody got responsibilities!!!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
How very patronising - an attempt at sarcasm, wow... I spend half my time dealing with clients and friends computer problems and well over half the time it's not the hardware nor the software but the software in front of the system...

How many warnings in how many places are required before people act more sensibly? Obviously a lot more because everyone would rather blame anyone or anything than take responsibility for their own actions and lives... everybody got rights, nobody got responsibilities!!!
+1

I had a college professor who proclaimed that people should have to get a license to use a computer. I thought "what an elitist a$$hole!" at the time. After helping friends, neighbors etc with their computer problems I'm not sure he was so wrong anymore.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #34
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
That's why I didn't bother responding. It's always someone else's fault, especially if it's Apple.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #35
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
But the description of this folder says "Latest on e-books, e-paper, DRM and related technologies".

Exactly where does possible fraud with iTunes accounts fit into ebooks, e-paper, DRM, or tech related to them? It doesn't.

Nor does "Is Apple betting the farm on the new iPad (iPad3 or iPadHD or ?)?" or "Apple Siri says, what do you want from me, Perfection?".

Why aren't you starting these threads in the Apple folder where they rightly belong?

To do otherwise just makes it look like your real 'mission' isn't to "kick sand" but to draw as much attention to yourself as possible.
This.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post

How many times do you have to remind people not to drive and use handheld cell phones or to text? Once, twice, a million or a billion times. I am taking responsibility by continuously reminding the people I know or care about to not do this. If I could I would put this message on everyone's alarm clock. Are they responsible if they cause an accident, you bet. Will they blame others, you bet. Will I stop reminding people, no way. If that makes me an elitist in your eyes, too bad.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Apple does both good and bad things. So you can easily say a lot of good things and/or a lot of bad things.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #38
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
How many times do you have to remind people not to drive and use handheld cell phones or to text? Once, twice, a million or a billion times. I am taking responsibility by continuously reminding the people I know or care about to not do this. If I could I would put this message on everyone's alarm clock. Are they responsible if they cause an accident, you bet. Will they blame others, you bet. Will I stop reminding people, no way. If that makes me an elitist in your eyes, too bad.
Not sure where you get the idea that I think you're elitist... couldn't be more wrong as sarcasm isn't elitist at all... and you're comment simply reinforces what I said except you claim to be responsible - congratulations...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #39
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
But the description of this folder says "Latest on e-books, e-paper, DRM and related technologies".

Exactly where does possible fraud with iTunes accounts fit into ebooks, e-paper, DRM, or tech related to them? It doesn't.

Nor does "Is Apple betting the farm on the new iPad (iPad3 or iPadHD or ?)?" or "Apple Siri says, what do you want from me, Perfection?".

Why aren't you starting these threads in the Apple folder where they rightly belong?

To do otherwise just makes it look like your real 'mission' isn't to "kick sand" but to draw as much attention to yourself as possible.
Nothing personal here, David. I just picked out your post as representative of all the viewpoints similar to yours.

1. My posts are related to News that is in the Major Media about "eBooks, e-paper, DRM and related technologies" and yes I realize that is exactly opposite what you said above, but frankly I disagree with your interpretations of a lot of things.

2. Because of (1.) I am not posting in the Apple section.

3. My real mission is to comment and express an opinion, and I don't relish the unpleasant attention I get from some people, but hey, it is a "tough mission" and if there is a little "flak," well then I am a big boy.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #40
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
"LOL Apple sux!" is trolling. Raising awareness that Apple has flaws is not. There honestly are people (not on this forum, I hope) who bristle at even the suggestion that Apple makes mistakes. Every Android tablet user has run across this. The "Dude, get a real tablet/phone" remarks usually uttered by people who are utterly ignorant about any other options gets annoying fast. And yes, the Google fanboys can be just as annoying but in general, are more knowledgeable and tech-savvy. Doesn't make them better human beings, just better informed human beings.
Do your research, buy whatever you want, and accept that nobody offers the perfect solution for everybody. Hopefully we can have civilized discussions about technology, without name-calling and other silliness.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote