Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
KOBO 20% off Expires 20 Feb 2012

Curl up with a great read this weekend and save 20% on select titles!

Discount code: feb17us20
Expires: February 20, 11:59 PM EST
One Coupon Per Customer.

Offer valid from February 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM through February 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for one time 20% off any eBook purchase excluding those from the following publishers: In the UK - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In the US - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In CA - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In NZ - Hachette Book Group, and Wiley, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In AU - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan Australia, Penguin Australia, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. Newspapers and magazines are excluded from this offer. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Discount code is valid for one time 20% off any eBook purchase excluding those from the following publishers: In the UK - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints.
I'm just wondering - has anyone ever managed to use one of these discount vouchers? The exclusions are so widespread I've not yet managed to find a book I actually want that the discount applies to!
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Yes, actually they work with almost everything I have tried so far. Maybe I just don't come across books from the forementioned publishers, but provided that I'v purchased dozens of books, it is unlikely (I don't pay attention to who the publisher is, really, I just apply the code to the book). I've only had some troubles with the current promo coupons, in the sense that they appeared not to work at all on any book I tried (showing a message "Please, apply a valid promo code" or something like that, but I decided to proceed with the purchase anyway and it charged me the discounted price).
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I'm just wondering - has anyone ever managed to use one of these discount vouchers? The exclusions are so widespread I've not yet managed to find a book I actually want that the discount applies to!
There's very much a luck-of-the-draw element to it. I'm in Canada and I'd wager over 60% of the books I try to buy are eligible for the codes. My inclination is to use the codes and to buy the non-agency books for the most part, as I'm finding those faster than I can read them anyway. I expect the agency books will be there to buy later if/when I run out of non-agency books.

The one problem I do run into is when a favourite author is split between the two. Harry Turtledove's a favourite of mine, and 80% or so of his books are non-agency, but I'm going to have to buy those remaining 20% eventually.

Another challenge, when a series is split (Karen Traviss' Gears of War books are split between two publishers now, one agency and one non-agency; thankfully, the earlier books are the non-agency ones).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Curl up with a great read this weekend and save 20% on select titles!

Discount code: feb17us20
Expires: February 20, 11:59 PM EST
One Coupon Per Customer.
One coupon per customer.... unless you read this Mobileread forum thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115233

To make a long story short, they customise the codes for different countries. So if you're in the US you'll get "us" in the discount code, if you're in Canada you'll get "ca" in the code, etc. I was able to use the code to buy 5 books last night ("ca", "us", "uk", "au", and "row").
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
A quick way to recognize non-agency books for the most part is Kobo has 2 prices displayed, list price and their price. Only one price, usually the discount cannot be applied. Sometimes though very cheap books $.99 for example, only have one price but can be discounted.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
A quick way to recognize non-agency books for the most part is Kobo has 2 prices displayed, list price and their price. Only one price, usually the discount cannot be applied. Sometimes though very cheap books $.99 for example, only have one price but can be discounted.
That's a really good rule of thumb. I would add that any e-book from a smaller publisher is usually eligible for the codes as well. That almost always includes very inexpensive e-books, as you say, but also some more expensive titles such as The Wealthy Barber Returns (which is the sequel to a Canadian bestseller, costs $14.99, and is from a niche publisher called "Financial Awareness Corporation").
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I grabbed K. J. Larsen's Sticks and Stones which is book 2 in the Cat DeLuca Mystery series. It had only one price but the coupon worked. I find if a book has only price and I go to Amazon to check out their Kindle copy and if it's in the Amazon's price column and not the New From column the coupon usually works on that book at Kobo.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
It expires the 20th
In the past I've brought a lot of Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books using these coupons.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #10
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Thank you for this! Now I won't have to go to checkout with every book I'm interested in.

Karma to you
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
Thank you for this! Now I won't have to go to checkout with every book I'm interested in.

Karma to you
In addition to all the previously mentioned ways of easily identifying which books are likely to be agency, and which ones likely non-agency, one more is that anything that ends in a decimal *other* than 99 cents is likely to be non-agency.

Tags
20% off, kobo