Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Can Any E-Ink Reader Do This?

I have several Sony readers and love them.

I really like a lot of what I'm seeing about the T1, but before I jump I was wondering if there are any readers out there that might better handle a few things that frustrate me about the Sonys.

1. The book list....do any of the readers let you control the font size for this? The "cover" view is a joke for me.

2. The dictionary.... again, do any of the readers let you control the font size. A dictionary is a very nice feature I would assume....if you could actually see what it says.

I use calibre and my reading is for pleasure so I'm not concerned about PDF handling.

Thanks.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post

1. The book list....do any of the readers let you control the font size for this? The "cover" view is a joke for me.

2. The dictionary.... again, do any of the readers let you control the font size. A dictionary is a very nice feature I would assume....if you could actually see what it says.
Kindle's allow font size choice in the dictionary itself, but not the initial popup. When you select a word, the popup is at the one fixed standard size. When you "click" to access the full definition the dictionary displays at the custom display size that you were using while reading the book.

The Kindle doesn't allow font size selection on the book list (unless this has been added to the new K4 line).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert