Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
llam
llam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Title search in calibre

It is more like a wishlist item. When I search for a book in calibre, it does not work if there's punctuation next to the word. E.g. "Outliers: the story of success" If I look for outliers, it won't show up. It only works if I put "outliers:" with the colon in it. Guess it is time to fine tone the search in calibre =)

Last edited by llam; 03-12-2011 at 09:01 AM.
llam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by llam View Post
It is more like a wishlist item. When I search for a book in calibre, it does not work if there's punctuation next to the word. E.g. "Outliers: the story of success" If I look for outliers, it won't show up. It only works if I put "outliers:" with the colon in it. Guess it is time to fine tone the search in calibre =)
For me it was a case of fine tuning my search technique.

Try title:"Outliers" it works for me.

Although just using Outliers works for me too.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-12-2011 at 09:10 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
whoodat
whoodat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks a lot Title worked for me
whoodat is offline   Reply With Quote