Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The issue is not "Will it work on a low battery" - it's "Is it not working because of the battery". Until the answer to that is indefatigably, 100%, unquestionably "No" then charging it is an obvious preventative measure.
Spoiler:

Glad you got it sorted.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #152
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Thumbs up Thank you! - Successful debrick

Thank you! I've managed to successfully debrick my Kindle Touch (It was showing me the 'Your Kindle needs repair screen.') with the help of your guide. It was easy to follow and straight forward. The only problem I had encountered is that I couldn't get all the drivers to install under Windows 8 64bit so I created a Windows XP virtual machine where it worked flawlessly.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #153
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
Thank you! I've managed to successfully debrick my Kindle Touch (It was showing me the 'Your Kindle needs repair screen.') with the help of your guide. It was easy to follow and straight forward. The only problem I had encountered is that I couldn't get all the drivers to install under Windows 8 64bit so I created a Windows XP virtual machine where it worked flawlessly.
Your "other" success report was added to the simple debricking sticky thread first post success report list:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2379869
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #154
CaseyCZ
CaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and graceCaseyCZ herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle Touch
I love u guys... its workiiingggg!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you. Made it on Win 7 Professional x64.
CaseyCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #155
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyCZ View Post
I love u guys... its workiiingggg!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you. Made it on Win 7 Professional x64.
I added your success report to the list. Contratulations!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #156
smitelya
smitelya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Hello
I need a help for debrick Paperwhite that stuck during jailbreak (diagnostic mode)
Now device doesn't respond for touch,not perform restart and in windows is detected as Other Devices/Kindle

Please any advises how to solve the problem,if its possible at all

Thanks

Last edited by smitelya; 02-02-2013 at 05:14 AM.
smitelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #157
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitelya View Post
Hello
I need a help for debrick Paperwhite that stuck during jailbreak (diagnostic mode)
Now device doesn't respond for touch,not perform restart and in windows is detected as Other Devices/Kindle

Please any advises how to solve the problem,if its possible at all

Thanks
Give a link the guide.

What step you failed on.

Sounds like you are in some odd mode (fastboot?) but I can't tell until you describe EXACTLY what you did up to that point.

More information.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #158
smitelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Give a link the guide.

What step you failed on.

Sounds like you are in some odd mode (fastboot?) but I can't tell until you describe EXACTLY what you did up to that point.

More information.
Hello
Thanks for fast respond
The things as following:
i got this device already stuck in the diagnostic mode
and were asked to try to rebricked it

information that i see on the screen of the PaperWhite is:

CELESTE_WF0 - System Diags
---- 1.9.389.174700 ----
pcbId:00A1507124850KXY

S) Devise Settings
P) Touch Sensor Plate
O) Operator test suite
E) 511
N) Misc individual diagnostics
Y) nART factory test
U) USB device mode
D) Exit,Reboot or Disable Diags
L) Lock diags screen

X) Exit
--------------------------------------
Device is stuck on N)

-without connection to PC or Power source device doesn't respond neither Touch nor power button

-long pressing on the power button during connection to USB detect the device in Windows as Other Devices/Kindle ,driver isn't installed and device is invisible in the My Computer

do you have any suggestion how to solve the problem
Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #159
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes, on earlier devices, that diagnostic also reads/writes on the serial port.

Attach a 1.8 volt, low voltage serial to USB adapter to the serial port - then exit from diags mode using the serial port copy of the menu.

The details of the serial port on the Kpw are indexed, pictured, and describe here.
As is a good (long) teardown video.

Check the "K5" prefix index in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Too technical? Return it to Amazon as "broke" for an exchange.

Last edited by knc1; 02-02-2013 at 08:52 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #160
twobob

^ this.

Return or reflash via serial seem the options...
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #161
smitelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes, on earlier devices, that diagnostic also reads/writes on the serial port.

Attach a 1.8 volt, low voltage serial to USB adapter to the serial port - then exit from diags mode using the serial port copy of the menu.

The details of the serial port on the Kpw are indexed, pictured, and describe here.
As is a good (long) teardown video.

Check the "K5" prefix index in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Too technical? Return it to Amazon as "broke" for an exchange.

Sorry that i aks you,but can you please direct me for the links that i need
i don't have technical problems to perform the issue but need to know how to do this exactly
i didn't found video that describe the issue

Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #162
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry that i aks you,but can you please direct me for the links that i need
i don't have technical problems to perform the issue but need to know how to do this exactly
i didn't found video that describe the issue

Thanks
First, the general answer to finding things here (other than the search):
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Prefix_Index

Location of Kpw serial port and technical specs:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=4

The half-hour video on getting it open:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=1

Various links to tech. data (ignore the physical parts that are K3 specific):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170566
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #163
smitelya

Quote:
First, the general answer to finding things here (other than the search):
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Prefix_Index

Location of Kpw serial port and technical specs:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=4

The half-hour video on getting it open:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=1

Various links to tech. data (ignore the physical parts that are K3 specific):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170566
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
I WILL UPDATE YOU IF I WILL SUCCESS TO DEBRICK A DEVICE
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #164
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
I WILL UPDATE YOU IF I WILL SUCCESS TO DEBRICK A DEVICE
You **should not** have to "debrick" it - -
Just use the menu present on the serial port.
What is on screen in diag mode is also repeated on the serial port.

If there is a delay in getting the serial port hardware, then:
The diags mode is known to drain the battery faster than it charges - -

Open it up **NOW** and remove the battery to prevent it from over-discharging while waiting for the serial port hardware!

Last edited by knc1; 02-02-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #165
twobob

Quote:
Open it up **NOW** and remove the battery to prevent it from over-discharging while waiting for the serial port hardware!
Yeah. I utterly flattened my touch the other day messing around in diags? Fastboot? Diags I think... something.
oopsy.

Luckily it had an iota of charge in it by the time I noticed and recovered okay when given some charge love. hopefully your device will be in a state that accepts charge also.

Good advice. preserve your power.

Tags
debricking